Suggest a bass for me to buy

DiedTrying

Inspired
I'm guessing in the max $600 price range, four string, for playing rock songs and recording rock, hard rock, and 80's metal type songs in my bedroom. Something halfway decent and good quality.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Maybe you have already seen this:

It seems to me that the SR300 has the low end a bit thin but a good overall sound and definition.

I would suggest a used Ibanez SR500, new ones are over your budget but they are great sounding rock basses.

I currently have a Ibanez mikro bass. it's easy to play yet it sounds wimpy, recording with it the bass gets lost in the mix. I'll let my 6 year old grand daughter have it she will have fun with it - she can play rockstar

Video is unavailable, at least for me.

That was what I feared. I've uploaded it in Switzerland, probably some rights are missing. I can't think of some other solution. This was the title on Youtube, a comparison between Ibanez SR300E and Yamaha TRBX304, with the pros and cons for both, compared at the end with a fender squire:

Ibanez SR300E vs. Yamaha TRBX304 (Jack of All Basses / Master of None?)

That was what I feared. I've uploaded it in Switzerland, probably some rights are missing. I can't think of some other solution. This was the title on Youtube, a comparison between Ibanez SR300E and Yamaha TRBX304, with the pros and cons for both, compared at the end with a fender squire:

Ibanez SR300E vs. Yamaha TRBX304 (Jack of All Basses / Master of None?)
Let's see if this works:

I have an ESP Ltd bass, active electronics, plays and sounds great, wasn't too expensive.

I know ESP isn't what people think of in basses, and bass isn't what they think of for ESP, but back when I got this (long ago...), I played a lot of different stuff, and this one really stood out to me. Detailed and solid tones.

Had an Ibanez SR series 5 string, decent if a bit inspiring. But in the end my brain got tired of fighting some apparently pretty well worn grooves about 4 strings - <glitch> - 6 strings, so I went back to 4 and got the ESP, was happy.

Look at ESP guitars - Im not a bass player but my 6 string ESP EC-1000's are awesome - they are amazing for the money I would say Ibanez but not anymore

Back
Top Bottom