Suddenly lost all USB connectivity

That's what we had in our school computer labs!
Heh.

I started on an Apple IIc+ in the Junior High Computer Lab.

And, before that, during the summer after 5th grade, I went to a week-long day-camp where they had a refrigerator-sized DEC "minicomputer" in the corner. It had a 2 KB hard disk sitting on top, roughly the size of a small spare tire. And all the students learned BASIC by logging on from their teletype machines. :eek:

(If you got there early, you might be one of the lucky students who got to use one of the 2 freshly-installed stations with Green Screen Monitors Instead Of Paper. It all felt very sci-fi. :rolleyes:)

// Really feelin' it these days.
// At least I never did programming via punch-card
// You young whippersnappers, get off my lawn
:D

Last edited:
Heh.

I started on an Apple IIc+ in the Junior High Computer Lab.

And, before that, during the summer after 5th grade, I went to a week-long day-camp where they had a refrigerator-sized DEC "minicomputer" in the corner. It had a 2 KB hard disk sitting on top, roughly the size of a small spare tire. And all the students learned BASIC by logging on from their teletype machines.

(If you got there early, you might be one of the lucky students who got to use one of the freshly-installed stations with Green Screen Monitors Instead Of Paper. Very sci-fi.)

/ Really feelin' it these days.
// At least I never did programming via punch-card
/// You young whippersnappers, get off my lawn :D
Youngster. I brought the IIc+ onto my cruise ship gig...we used it to replace the typewriter and mimeograph machine to create and print daily activity programs..I believe it was one of the first used in that application in that business...

Youngster. I brought the IIc+ onto my cruise ship gig...we used it to replace the typewriter and mimeograph machine to create and print daily activity programs..I believe it was one of the first used in that application in that business...
Very well.

I cede the Award For Antiquity to your venerable self, good sir. :D

When running on windows, make sure you have the latest driver, go to programs and feature and uninstall the old driver first. If you do not do this a lot of the time you will have two drivers on top of each other and none will work. Then you want to go to device manager and look under sound, video, and game controllers and look and see if you see the driver there after installation. It also show if the driver is working there. Sometimes you also after installation have to unplug and replug the USB the first time for the computer to see it. If it is none of these things, I would try another USB device in the same port on the computer. If that does not works, then you have a bad port on the Axe

forgot there was a holiday this week, so I packed it up and scheduled a UPS pickup tonight at my house. lol Don't want to be without any longer than I have to be.

Hope the round trip is brisk to get you back in business.

On the Mac stuff, I bought the original Macintosh when it first came out. With all of its 128K floppy (and external 128K floppy, w printer, too) for a crazy $3,500! Just couldn’t do an external HD at that point, w 5MB ast around $1,500 if memory serves. Haha

Well still not sure what was wrong, but my III landed at Fractal today, and they already sent me tracking for the return shipping! Now that's service!

Well still not sure what was wrong, but my III landed at Fractal today, and they already sent me tracking for the return shipping! Now that's service!

Awesome! Maybe a loose cable? Glad they’re so good at diagnosis and return time!

Same Issue after trying to update to 1.13!! Submitted a ticket! Fractal-bot would only get to 31% then gave me a connection error now Fractal-Bot or Axe Edit 3 will not see the Axe Fx 3?

Same Issue after trying to update to 1.13!! Submitted a ticket! Fractal-bot would only get to 31% then gave me a connection error now Fractal-Bot or Axe Edit 3 will not see the Axe Fx 3?
But does your computer see it plugged in? My issue was my computer wasn't even seeing it plugged into the USB port. Zero connection.

Back
Top Bottom