Sudden input noise

Got a weird one, the input on my afx3 unit suddenly became super hot and noisy, adjusting the A/D sensitivity doesn't really help either. I used to leave it at 10% since I always run high output seymour duncans (Custom 5, Pegasus, Nazgul). But yesterday I noticed I kept hitting the red constantly even though I thought I had it set correctly. Played with I/O configurations and swapped many cables and still have too much input volume and noise.

Is the issue persistent across rebooting?

Have you recently updated the firmware? There was a change recently that affects the reporting of input clipping.

What firmware version are you using?

You can safely lower the Input Sensitivity even down below 5% if needed.

Regarding the Input 3 lights, I believe that's been noted before but I don't recall what the answer was.

Is the issue persistent across rebooting?

Have you recently updated the firmware? There was a change recently that affects the reporting of input clipping.

What firmware version are you using?

You can safely lower the Input Sensitivity even down below 5% if needed.

Regarding the Input 3 lights, I believe that's been noted before but I don't recall what the answer was.
It is in fact persistent across rebooting, Im running v22.00 and even at 0% I'm still getting clipping. It seems to almost stop when I max out the A/D sensitivity and then bring it back down but that was only 1 or 2 times I did it.

I would suggest contacting Fractal support as your thread hasn't really gotten any traction.

Also, did the issue start after updating to 22.00? That is when the new clip indicator behavior got added... So possibly you're just seeing the new way it works?

Also, did the issue start after updating to 22.00? That is when the new clip indicator behavior got added... So possibly you're just seeing the new way it works?
I updated my unit right when 22.00 was released, the issue started about 4 days ago. And its definitely an issue because the amount of noise is just awful. The noise gate is barely doing its job either

Back
Top Bottom