Sudden difference in level Output 1 vs 2 after installing RAC12

Starfighter

Experienced
Hi guys.... something strange happened today. I installed my newly arrived RAC12 controller in my rack, and in that process i had to unplug all the connections from the Axe FX II and plug them in again. Now, suddenly output 1 level is about 9 db lower than output 2 when checking in the VU meter - before it was about the same. Other than adding the RAC12 to my rig, I can think of no other change that could have caused this - however i hardly think the RAC12 is to blame. Checked boost/pad in I/O->Audio to be zero. I have now evened the outputs by adding 9 db to output 1 in the global menu - but I am curious to what might have caused this. Any suggestions?

Edit: Sorry! Stupid mistake, didnt notice that my output volume was reduced by my mini-expression pedal (blush). Must have bumped into it when installing the RAC12...

Please delete thread!

Last edited:
No reason to delete – it's a good lesson, one that every one of us has experienced any number of times.

Once (Mr. Techno-Whiz that I am) I was completely stumped as to why the CD player I was giving my girlfriend as a gift wasn't working… she suggested I plug it in.

And there you have it.

I took apart my rack to install the rac12 the other day and after I got the front all put back together, I went to plug in the connections. Then I realized there was no way my hand was fitting into that little space, so out comes the rac12, plug in cords, reinstall. No problem til I went to plug in the power cord, which had a little twist tie to tidy up the excess wire. But the plug didn't reach the outlet, so I gently pulled it thinking a little of the cord would come free of the tightly wound twist tie bundle, but it didn't and I pulled the plug out of the RAC12. D'oh!! So apart it comes again, tape the plugs to the RAC12, be sure the length is enough, put it all back together and finally got it right. I think I'm starting to get old, though. I didn't get angry like I used to. I just looked at it and accepted that I'm pretty stupid sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom