Such a Great Player! Derek Trucks

I love his playing, and how he mixes in all sorts of styles including raga.

He's also a great band leader. I've seen him with his own band, and with Tedeschi-Trucks several times, and he prowls the stage cuing people with a little gesture or nod, then goes back to hang between the bass and keyboards keeping it all locked down.

He and Susan are so humble and cool to listen to in interviews. Everything I've heard them say, and their band members say, shows how they're a great family.

Last edited:
Derek is a monster slide player. He’s one of the reasons I’ve taken up slide playing. So much mojo in his playing.

Watching him hit fast notes with that slide with such robotic precision is pretty mesmerizing. It sounds like a dying cat when I try to play slide.
Right? He makes it look so simple and it sounds unreal good when he does it. I'm awful with slide, too! :D

With Trey at Lock'n before we all got locked down. The way Derek flicks the strings with his -- it's so cool. Such a unique technique and sound.

And of course, I've posted this before, this one always blows me away:

(RIP Kofi Burbridge)

Derek Trucks is just so amazing. Killer solo...............Live!

I think Midnight in Harlem is probably my favorite Tedeschi Trucks Band song.

So many flavors and inflections in his playing, and when he is really nailing it it's almost trance-like to listen to.

When I got their first album I think I listened to nothing else for several weeks.

The whole band is great!

DT is one of the best players around, that is for sure. His playing sounds so joyful. His band is stacked with talent as well.

This one is a favorite of his live performances.

I’ve seen him twice, once with the Allmans and with his solo band. He’s one of the special players for sure.

Back
Top Bottom