Closed Submitted for your consideration - The Amp BOOST as a Block

Status
Not open for further replies.

WITELITE

Experienced
The Amp Boost has so much capability now with various distortion types that it can be used without a DRIVE block to save CPU or with a Drive Block for increased tonal flexibility. And with the FM3 having the same capabilities with some CPU limitations the portability of presets between the two would be enhanced.

Today I have to use a Control Switch to enable and disable the BOOST and while that's great, it doesn't behave the same way as a block. I would ideally like to save the state of the BOOST block like a save a preset and have it operate the way blocks operate with scenes. Yes, there is flexibility of how CS operate by scene (Last, Off, On I think) but it would be great if it operated like a block does (which to me is really what it is given its capability).

In case that's confusing, here's my original post with great support as always from forum members.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...ging-its-state-through-preset-changes.152979/

Thanks

MM

I think with some info from Cliff you could just do this with the Drive block. The Boost is (as far as I know) just a simplified version of the Drive block.

I think with some info from Cliff you could just do this with the Drive block. The Boost is (as far as I know) just a simplified version of the Drive block.
Think I've heard it said it's the EQ sections of different drive blocks, without the drive (distortion).

Yes but I like having the Boost and sometimes an additional drive for tone shaping. This would enable BOOST to behave like a block during scene changes and preset changes and also potentially save CPU on FM3 ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom