Stupid question that I must ask

IndyPhil26

Sorry if I missed this or it should be obvious. But on the 2 we had 1 CPU dedicated to amp/cab and the other cpu was for effects if I understood that correctly. If we used the unit just for effects with a real amp we didnt use 1 cpu. This unit is 1 CPU correct. So all power should be there for effects if we dont use any amp blocks in a 4 cable method. I assume this is correct.

Last edited:
Sorry if I missed this or it should be obvious. But on the 2 we had 1 CPU dedicated to amp/cab and the other cpu was for effects if I understood that correctly. If we used the unit just for effects with a real amp we didnt use 1 cpu. This unit is 1 CPU correct. So all power should be there for effects if we dont use any amp blocks in a 4 cable method. I assume this is correct.

Two 1.0 GHz, floating-point “Keystone” Digital Signal Processors (DSPs) comprise the main audio engine.
https://www.fractalaudio.com/iii/

Understanding how the gear works is always cool ... curious myself as to how the work-load is distributed.

Well now I feel really stupid. Please delete this thread.
No Need to feel that way , there are no dumb questions !!,,Theres a lot to learn with these-"State of the Art- Technologies "and this forum is where you will save your self a lot of frustration n time.Great community , so hang on !!!! n learn .

I believe it's 4 total microprocessors. Two for audio processing, one for the display, and one more for the USB interface.

"The stunning color display is controlled by a dedicated graphics processor while USB traffic and user interface tasks are handled by a 500 MHz, 16-core microcontroller providing smooth operation and robust USB performance."

Understanding how the gear works is always cool ... curious myself as to how the work-load is distributed.
Understanding how gear works is not just cool, it’s essential to understanding how to get the most out of your investment and make the best sounding noise that you can.

Back
Top Bottom