Stupid bloc routing question

jojo

Inspired
I know this is maybe silly since the manual warns of this but....

Has there been any kind of tweak to allow dropping an effect into a chain without disrupting the paralell blocs in a complicated routing scheme? I run most of my delays and pitch shifts in parallel, and I hate re-doing all of the routing just because I decide to drop in a wah or flanger or whatever. I'd love to be able to shift the whole shebang without breaking the connections. Like "select all" and "move right"? Duh. :roll:

I think you can do what you want with the Editor's Insert Column command.

Don't think it can be done from the Axe's front panel though.

Maybe Cliff could add this command somewhere. Like when you highlight an effect, tab over to the move commands, and after move left, move right, etc. there could be an "insert" command to insert another effect to the left of the current effect and move everything else to the right with connections intact? I can't be the only one who uses paralell blocs and hates re-doing the routing. (OK, it doesn't take that long, but it's still a pain). Any takers on this? (Of course, Cliff is the only taker who matters....).

Oh you're not the only taker. Sometimes, I use criss-crossing signal paths, and after using the "shift column right", everything is disconnected, and I can't even remember what my connection lines were. So I quit out, recall the original patch, look at the routing carefully, sometimes I even draw it on paper (!!!) and then proceed with column shifts and manual reconnects. So yes, I would love a real "insert" function that keeps everything connected.

Back
Top Bottom