Studio Monitor Question - JBL LSR series

GreatGreen

Power User
I've been hearing really good things about the JBL LSR305 and JBL LSR308 series monitors lately and was wondering if anybody here has tried these for themselves. Any opinions?

Here's a pretty good image of the two side by side, LSR305 on the left, LSR308 on the right:

My audio engineer has the 308s and they sound really good. He tried them on a whim in a music store and compared to a lot of others, and decided on them on the spot!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

im curious as well. i think that studio monitors are going to be my solution but i am a little tired of waiting for those d5s to be back in stock

I use the 305's and there great! For the price I don't think you can find anything better..

I agree for sure. I did a lot of shootouts (Focal Solos, Pelonus, etc) and thought these held their own very well. I also had a pair of Equator D5's and like my JBL 305's better.

So I picked up a pair of these things for $225. I haven't played guitar in ages and I didn't get around to playing with the the patches since I just updated. They seem to be doing the job well though. Listening to music, they seem to at least have the clarity that my dt880 headphones did. I'm in an untreated room and have no experience with this sort of thing so what I say means little but I feel like they will be able to get the job done once I learn a thing or two about studio monitors.

Back
Top Bottom