Studio Flow. How are you using your Fractal Audio gear in your setup?

Since we're all using our setups differently I figured I'd share how I'm using mine.

I only own one guitar at the moment. I made it 13 years ago. I was using early Roland guitar synths.
I quickly figured out that if I wanted to get the most out of them as far as tracking & musicality, I was going to need the best driver available & that is simply the Graphtech Ghost Hexaaponic system. I've used the Roland GK setups & RMC midi, & for me the Graphtech had the best tracking.
The old line of guitar synths had many issues w/ tracking; however, most of all of those issues were resolved w/ the release of COSM technology from Roland.
The Roland VG-99, VG-88 & GR-55 all use COSM tech & the performance of these units paired w/ the Graphtech system is light years beyond the old synth models w/o COSM.
My guitar has a stereo 1/4" output jack that splits the signal into magnetic pickups (my EMG's) & the piezo pickups in my Graphtech Floyd bridge.
I have two volume knobs on the guitar. One for magnetics & one for piezo. I didn't add synth volume control to my pickguard because I prefer to control it by a foot pedal on the ground. I also can't stand the traditional Strat volume knob placement. I have the tendency to turn it down as I pick, so I just left that space open.
Then there's the 13 pin din output for the Roland synths. When I wired the guitar I realized I could steal power from the 13 pin cable & use it to power my fiber optic side markers, so that was a win-win situation.
My magnetic signal goes into a volume pedal & then into the Dunlop Crybaby rack, out of there & into AxeFx3 input 1.
My piezo signal goes into AxeFx3 input 2.
The 13 pin din output only carries data & no audio signal. They can send audio but the cables are best for data only, so it's best to use them accordingly.
The 13 pin signal from my guitar plugs into a RMC fanout box. It's made to do a few different things.
1. It can split your 13 pin into 2 different outputs to run two different guitar synths.
2. It has a TRS insert point so you can pre-process each & every strings signal before sending them to the guitar synth modules. You can also send each individual string to a mixer or DAW to get really weird with. Sky's the limit once you get individual strings into a DAW.
3. It gives a common point to add a synth volume pedal to control all synth devices in the chain. This is why I don't add the synth volume to my guitar.

From here the Roland synth units both plug into the AxeFx3 stereo inputs 3 & 4.
You can see how I've routed things in the block layout.
AxeFx inputs
1. Magnetic guitar signal.
2. Piezo guitar signal.
3. Roland GR-55
4. Roland VG-99

AxeFx outputs
1. JBL monitors
2. Midas mixer, direct out to DAW
4. dedicated output to outboard Peterson Stroborack

The midi block in the layout sends program signal changes to the Roland synths through AxeFx3 midi out.
When recording, I have a master timecode signal sent from my DAW to AxeFx3 midi input & both Roland synth inputs.
I'm able to control everything through the FC-12.

I'm also sending a signal out of the AxeFx3's AES/EBU into an AxeFx2 to use as a dedicated looper controlled by it's own MFC-101.
This way I'm able to loop anything that happens in the AxeFx3 & still have the ability to cycle through any of its presets w/o breaking the looping cycle.
The 30 seconds of stereo looping on the AxeFx2 is more than enough for me to get my point across. Lol!

I hope this post inspires others to really push the limits & possibilities of these Fractal Audio products.
To be honest, I've just begun to scratch the surface of what this setup can do. It's truly remarkable.

Cheers!
Gabe

Attachments

• IMG_0988.JPG
    IMG_0988.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0994[1].jpg
    IMG_0994[1].jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0993[1].jpg
    IMG_0993[1].jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0999.JPG
    IMG_0999.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0995.JPG
    IMG_0995.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0997.JPG
    IMG_0997.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0996.JPG
    IMG_0996.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0998.JPG
    IMG_0998.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0992.JPG
    IMG_0992.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0989.JPG
    IMG_0989.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 105
I usually have my axe3 hooked up to my mac by usb. Also got a scarlet 2i4 audio interface setup as an aggregate device with the axe. The scarlet is only for monitoring, so that I have computer sound to my studio monitors and headphones even if the axe is not switched on without having to change the cables. If I’m just mixing something or checking something out, I don’t always turn on the axe.

Have a wireless reciever plugged to the input one on the axe. Makes it easy to change guitars, and keeps my small music room tidy.

In input 2 I have a simple mic preamp, with a condencer mic to record vocals. Even though I’m not a great singer. Also use it for recording acoustic instruments now and then.

When I muck about with recording, I get my out sound through the mentioned scarlett. When I’m just jamming and noodling I like a bit more volume. Have to JBL Eon610s hooked directly to the outs of the axe. Gets plenty loud in a relatively small room.

I also got a FC-6 for on the fly control. Sits on a pedal board with two expression pedals and two double standin switches. The standins is set globally to choose scenes 1-4. the FC6 switches toggles the per preset effect blocks, plus hold shortcuts to looper, tuner and such. One expression pedal is almost always a wah with autoengage, and the other usually controls volume from 80% to 100%. Not so complicated or refined use of the fc-6 but it works with my inner logic. My presets are most often kind of a pedalboard approach. An amp block with two or three channels dialled in, a cab, and my typical effect blocks before and after. Use scenes as shortcuts between clean, rythm/drive and leads. And the fx blocks switchabel for flexibility. I like the scene revert function turned of, so the scenes ‘remember’ prior block changes even without saving. It makes sense for me because I use the same presets for different songs and situations.

I use the AFIII a couple of ways. With all of the i/o available, I generally can leave everything patched. I use all four stereo pairs into my interface (Orion Studio 2017), because when I'm not jamming, the AFIII serves very well as a mix/production tool. In this capacity (and because of the stellar effects), I can reamp, use dedicated reverb/delay aux sends, or apply whatever effects the production needs. I usually create presets per Reaper project, and use midi to set tempos, recall settings, or make other real-time CC changes. I'm probably in a tiny minority, but it would be a game-changer for the AFIII to have Lightpipe and wordclock and enable rates other than 48k. Using ASIO4all has been problematic, otherwise I would use the AFIII usb connectivity for other than Axe-edit.

Otherwise, I use it as a guitar rig with an FC-12 and custom rack and FRFR cab from blueamps.de

I use the AFIII a couple of ways. With all of the i/o available, I generally can leave everything patched. I use all four stereo pairs into my interface (Orion Studio 2017), because when I'm not jamming, the AFIII serves very well as a mix/production tool. In this capacity (and because of the stellar effects), I can reamp, use dedicated reverb/delay aux sends, or apply whatever effects the production needs. I usually create presets per Reaper project, and use midi to set tempos, recall settings, or make other real-time CC changes. I'm probably in a tiny minority, but it would be a game-changer for the AFIII to have Lightpipe and wordclock and enable rates other than 48k. Using ASIO4all has been problematic, otherwise I would use the AFIII usb connectivity for other than Axe-edit.

Otherwise, I use it as a guitar rig with an FC-12 and custom rack and FRFR cab from blueamps.de
I've never used the USB output for audio on these, only for updates & Axe-Edit.
My main sound card setup is a MOTU core PCI-e card. It has amazing latency so I've never ventured away from it as of yet.

Since we're all using our setups differently I figured I'd share how I'm using mine.

I only own one guitar at the moment. I made it 13 years ago. I was using early Roland guitar synths.
I quickly figured out that if I wanted to get the most out of them as far as tracking & musicality, I was going to need the best driver available & that is simply the Graphtech Ghost Hexaaponic system. I've used the Roland GK setups & RMC midi, & for me the Graphtech had the best tracking.
The old line of guitar synths had many issues w/ tracking; however, most of all of those issues were resolved w/ the release of COSM technology from Roland.
The Roland VG-99, VG-88 & GR-55 all use COSM tech & the performance of these units paired w/ the Graphtech system is light years beyond the old synth models w/o COSM.
My guitar has a stereo 1/4" output jack that splits the signal into magnetic pickups (my EMG's) & the piezo pickups in my Graphtech Floyd bridge.
I have two volume knobs on the guitar. One for magnetics & one for piezo. I didn't add synth volume control to my pickguard because I prefer to control it by a foot pedal on the ground. I also can't stand the traditional Strat volume knob placement. I have the tendency to turn it down as I pick, so I just left that space open.
Then there's the 13 pin din output for the Roland synths. When I wired the guitar I realized I could steal power from the 13 pin cable & use it to power my fiber optic side markers, so that was a win-win situation.
My magnetic signal goes into a volume pedal & then into the Dunlop Crybaby rack, out of there & into AxeFx3 input 1.
My piezo signal goes into AxeFx3 input 2.
The 13 pin din output only carries data & no audio signal. They can send audio but the cables are best for data only, so it's best to use them accordingly.
The 13 pin signal from my guitar plugs into a RMC fanout box. It's made to do a few different things.
1. It can split your 13 pin into 2 different outputs to run two different guitar synths.
2. It has a TRS insert point so you can pre-process each & every strings signal before sending them to the guitar synth modules. You can also send each individual string to a mixer or DAW to get really weird with. Sky's the limit once you get individual strings into a DAW.
3. It gives a common point to add a synth volume pedal to control all synth devices in the chain. This is why I don't add the synth volume to my guitar.

From here the Roland synth units both plug into the AxeFx3 stereo inputs 3 & 4.
You can see how I've routed things in the block layout.
AxeFx inputs
1. Magnetic guitar signal.
2. Piezo guitar signal.
3. Roland GR-55
4. Roland VG-99

AxeFx outputs
1. JBL monitors
2. Midas mixer, direct out to DAW
4. dedicated output to outboard Peterson Stroborack

The midi block in the layout sends program signal changes to the Roland synths through AxeFx3 midi out.
When recording, I have a master timecode signal sent from my DAW to AxeFx3 midi input & both Roland synth inputs.
I'm able to control everything through the FC-12.

I'm also sending a signal out of the AxeFx3's AES/EBU into an AxeFx2 to use as a dedicated looper controlled by it's own MFC-101.
This way I'm able to loop anything that happens in the AxeFx3 & still have the ability to cycle through any of its presets w/o breaking the looping cycle.
The 30 seconds of stereo looping on the AxeFx2 is more than enough for me to get my point across. Lol!

I hope this post inspires others to really push the limits & possibilities of these Fractal Audio products.
To be honest, I've just begun to scratch the surface of what this setup can do. It's truly remarkable.

Cheers!
Gabe
How do you use the Stick with your rig? In my band, my bassist/stickist (is that a word?) seems to have settled on an FM9, although he also has used both Axe Fx III (and also II) and FM3 with good results.

Any particular reason you stick with the rack Wah instead of using an expression pedal and the Wah block?

Guitar -> line 6 G10TS -> axe fx iii mark 2 turbo -> stereo out to line 6 powercab 212 or the PA system of the band im playing with.

usb hooked to either my pc or macbook pro for recording.

FC12 mark 2 with 2 spring loaded mission engineering pedals. one is the chris broderick signature the other is a line 6 one i used with my helix back in the day that i rewired to work with the axe fx. strangely they used different springs in both....the chris broderick has way more resistance.

How do you use the Stick with your rig? In my band, my bassist/stickist (is that a word?) seems to have settled on an FM9, although he also has used both Axe Fx III (and also II) and FM3 with good results.

Any particular reason you stick with the rack Wah instead of using an expression pedal and the Wah block?
I'm using the same basic layout block that I posted a picture of. My Stick has a stereo output & the melody side goes into input 1 & the bass side goes into input 2. My stick has a GK style synth pickup that goes to a GR-55. The GR-55 accommodates the 35" scale length whereas the VG-99 is only for guitar scale lengths.
At the moment I'm blending the signals into stereo output 1 for studio use. I'm using amp & cab blocks on the melody & just a preamp on the bass input. I haven't tried cabs on the bass yet because it sounded nice & fat w/o.
I'm not playing live w/ the system, but if I were I'm sure I'd run the melody through a stereo output to a stereo poweramp & speakers.
Then I'd send the bass side out it's own mono output so I could EQ the two separately & also send the bass through an amp w/ a 15" & a couple of 10's. I like sound of tri-amping one of these a lot!
I can post a block for you that I've shared on Axe Exchange. Let me find it & I'll post it here for you. I think it will work w/ the FM9.

Attachments

• IMG_0999.JPG
    IMG_0999.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 13
I love my Crybaby. Always have. I think the main reason is because I've used one so long I'm married to the on/off toe switch that they have.
So far I'm not a fan of the auto engage pedal setup. I use plenty of real time foot pedal control for all modulation, rotary & tremelo speeds.
One of my pedals is setup for those exclusively & another pedal is setup so I can warp/stretch delay time to a certain degree.

Most time I use Axe 3 connected to Presonus Studio 1810 audio interface / computer and sound comes out from Monitors / headphones.
But can use simultaneously with GPA-400 power amp and Laney LT212 cabs using output1 XLR / balanced and 1/4 connections same time.
Also if I want I can record from external mics and Axe 3 same time if want el.acoustic guitar connectes to Axe Instr and ext. mics both to Presonus Studio 1810. I have two expression pedals (Mission EP-1 red and green colour, usually for volume and wah usage but they can be use so many other way too). I havent use my Axe with Pa4X, maybe one day I try that too.

Below picture / chart of my so called "studio" work corner:

1705193837770.png

Most time I use Axe 3 connected to Presonus Studio 1810 audio interface / computer and sound comes out from Monitors / headphones.
But can use simultaneously with GPA-400 power amp and Laney LT212 cabs using output1 XLR / balanced and 1/4 connections same time.
Also if I want I can record from external mics and Axe 3 same time if want el.acoustic guitar connectes to Axe Instr and ext. mics both to Presonus Studio 1810. I have two expression pedals (Mission EP-1 red and green colour, usually for volume and wah usage but they can be use so many other way too). I havent use my Axe with Pa4X, maybe one day I try that too.

Below picture / chart of my so called "studio" work corner:

View attachment 133182
Excellent diagram! This was my original intention for my post, but I don't know how to get it done in a reasonable time frame.
I'd like to diagram my studio layout for my own quick reference.
How did you draw this? (if you don't mind me asking) :)

I don’t have a crazy setup; I just have two XLR’s plugged into my Audient interface. I have it ready to go in stereo for two purposes.

1) if I need to do a stereo guitar sound; delays, reverbs, etc.

2) if I need to dual track guitars for something with the same rig in mono. I will use the cabinet block with two different IRs/mixes/mics of the same cabinet, but pan one hard left and one hard right in the cab block. Then, I just change the input on my audio track to get one IR/mic for the left, and one IR/mic for the right, which makes it very fast for left/right tracking rhythms. I find it allows for more width when double tracking the same tone, but with different IRs/mics

The other way I may start using it is leaving two more XLR’s plugged out of another output to do W/D/W. I’ve done this on one track before and it came out really great. I wanted the stereo only effects to fill up the whole stereo field, but I wanted the drier tone, which still had a little delay on it, to be able to be panned independently in the DAW. It worked out great and gave the guitar a lot of dimension and bloom.

Also, I plan to do make new Chris Baseford style/inspired presets. He has a great workflow with a lot of awesome ideas. I highly recommend checking the video out if you haven’t seen it. It is long... 3 hours haha but it’s really great. It’s about the axe fx and amp sims in general, but he goes over the ideas why he has his axe fx setup the way he does and shows example tones.

I'm using the same basic layout block that I posted a picture of. My Stick has a stereo output & the melody side goes into input 1 & the bass side goes into input 2. My stick has a GK style synth pickup that goes to a GR-55. The GR-55 accommodates the 35" scale length whereas the VG-99 is only for guitar scale lengths.
At the moment I'm blending the signals into stereo output 1 for studio use. I'm using amp & cab blocks on the melody & just a preamp on the bass input. I haven't tried cabs on the bass yet because it sounded nice & fat w/o.
I'm not playing live w/ the system, but if I were I'm sure I'd run the melody through a stereo output to a stereo poweramp & speakers.
Then I'd send the bass side out it's own mono output so I could EQ the two separately & also send the bass through an amp w/ a 15" & a couple of 10's. I like sound of tri-amping one of these a lot!
I can post a block for you that I've shared on Axe Exchange. Let me find it & I'll post it here for you. I think it will work w/ the FM9.
Here you go man. These were both made for my Chapman Railboard. I didn't export cab files since they weren't factory.
A Railboard is a Stick, but it's milled out of a solid billet of aluminum & then hardened. Even the frets are milled into it.
A Stick was either made of wood or composite.
Input 1 melody
Input 2 bass
Input 3 GR-55 synth

Output 1 stereo mix
Output 4 dedicated output for external tuner

Attachments

• Chapman Railboard.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Chapman Railboard 2.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 3
Excellent diagram! This was my original intention for my post, but I don't know how to get it done in a reasonable time frame.
I'd like to diagram my studio layout for my own quick reference.
How did you draw this? (if you don't mind me asking) :)

Thanks!

I draw that with LibreOffice 7.5 Draw (there is newer version of that), totally free software (I replaced my Microsoft Office 2019 because license problems). LibreOffice works on Windows, Mac of Linux (more info in their bages).

LibreOffice includes below software parts (note that picture's language part (vikasietotila = safe mode) :
1705225217387.png

Program is totally free and with that program you can open Microsoft Office files and turn them/ save them to LibreOffice files and
also you can save them as .PDF file. (maybe there more safe possibilities (I haven't check them). I have use LibreOffice Calc (it's like Excel), LibreOffice Writes (it's like Word) and now used that Draw.

https://www.libreoffice.org/

I took readme_en-GB text file and enclosed it here if you want read (program installation make this info to your LibreOffice readmes folder).

I like that software and haven't regret at all and as I said it's free (open code base software)
Also my system checked this software (when I downloaded and when I use it) so it supposed to be secured and not risk, but I'm not
totally expert of this side of IT / computer technology.

Attachments

• readme_en-GB.txt
    15.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Thanks!

I draw that with LibreOffice 7.5 Draw (there is newer version of that), totally free software (I replaced my Microsoft Office 2019 because license problems). LibreOffice works on Windows, Mac of Linux (more info in their bages).

LibreOffice includes below software parts (note that picture's language part (vikasietotila = safe mode) :
View attachment 133215

Program is totally free and with that program you can open Microsoft Office files and turn them/ save them to LibreOffice files and
also you can save them as .PDF file. (maybe there more safe possibilities (I haven't check them). I have use LibreOffice Calc (it's like Excel), LibreOffice Writes (it's like Word) and now used that Draw.

https://www.libreoffice.org/

I took readme_en-GB text file and enclosed it here if you want read (program installation make this info to your LibreOffice readmes folder).

I like that software and haven't regret at all and as I said it's free (open code base software)
Also my system checked this software (when I downloaded and when I use it) so it supposed to be secured and not risk, but I'm not
totally expert of this side of IT / computer technology.
Thank you for the info & the link. I appreciate it. :)

SPDIF I/O from the fractal to my interface. Sometimes I record dry with a hi-z input on my interface while monitoring the processed audio from the fractal (dry sent to the fractal with SPDIF), quantize/edit the dry, and reamp, but most of the time I just record the raw output of the fractal with SPDIF.

Ok, I'll play!

I currently own an Axe Fx III, FM9 Turbo and FM3. I also have an FC-12.

I previously owned the Axe Fx II mkII then XL+ with the MFC-101 mkIII, and various midi controllers. Also the original FM9.

I've had the Axe Fx III since they were available, and same for the FC-12. I was amongst the "privileged" in the very first shipment for the original FM9

My band rehearses at my house and we are 100% direct ("silent stage") with some "unorthodox" stuff.

All stringed instruments (2 guitars, bass guitar/electric upright bass/Chapman Stick) are using Fractal. Currently my FM9 Turbo and 2 standard FM9s.

Sometimes I will use the Axe Fx III + FC-12 instead but the FM9 is going to be used for gigs, so I try to stay with it.

Drums started out with an Alesis Strike kit but as our drummer has had Muscular Dystrophy for 30+ years, it has morphed into the Strike brain, kick drum trigger pedal (KAT), high hat controller pedal and Zen Drum trigger controller.

We get some interesting looks when we perform between the "drums" and the Stick!

All of this is connected to a pair of ART S-8 XLR splitters that route the input to output cables for FOH (when needed) and to our Mackie DL32-R digital mixer.

Each of us uses an iPad or iPhone to control our own individual mixes.

The Mackie connects via USB to my laptop running Pro Tools so we can record whenever we want.

I also sometimes have used my Roland GR-30 guitar synth, but I don't like the 13-pin cables so these days I'll use Midi Guitar 2 on my iPad Pro running in a loop on the FM9 over USB hosted in AUM (to get lower latency, among other things) when I want to do that.

The FM3 was purchased as a "group backup device" for gigging but in the meantime I let my son use it in his "rig" along with his guitars and keyboard into a Boss RC-300 Loop Station.

I'm a big user of expression pedals. I have 4 in my rig: 2 x Mission EP-1 spring loaded and 2 x Fractal EV-2. All are mounted on a Temple Audio Duo 17. The pedals are connected to a TRS passthrough.

I can connect that board to my FC-12 or to my FM9 (both mounted on Duo 24s) as needed.

My FM9 board has 3 external switches mounted thru the board connected to the pedal jacks of the FM9.

The TRS passthrough on that board routes the expression pedals to an AudioFront Expression IO (mounted underneath) so I can use them via midi to control the FM9.

I have also connected the midi thru of FM9 to midi in of the Axe Fx III so I can simultaneously use them for both devices without reconnecting anything.

The idea behind the separate expression pedal board was to make it more modular so I could choose to use either FM9 or Axe Fx when I want.

I use it on every session so it's a very simple setup.

I have it hooked up to my RME interface. I have output 1 going to 2 channels of my interface so I can easily record in mono or stereo. I have output 2 going to another channel of my interface to record DI's. I also have a reamp box setup so I can easily reamp DI tracks when needed.

It's super simple and been perfect for everything I've needed!

Ok, I'll play!

I currently own an Axe Fx III, FM9 Turbo and FM3. I also have an FC-12.

I previously owned the Axe Fx II mkII then XL+ with the MFC-101 mkIII, and various midi controllers. Also the original FM9.

I've had the Axe Fx III since they were available, and same for the FC-12. I was amongst the "privileged" in the very first shipment for the original FM9

My band rehearses at my house and we are 100% direct ("silent stage") with some "unorthodox" stuff.

All stringed instruments (2 guitars, bass guitar/electric upright bass/Chapman Stick) are using Fractal. Currently my FM9 Turbo and 2 standard FM9s.

Sometimes I will use the Axe Fx III + FC-12 instead but the FM9 is going to be used for gigs, so I try to stay with it.

Drums started out with an Alesis Strike kit but as our drummer has had Muscular Dystrophy for 30+ years, it has morphed into the Strike brain, kick drum trigger pedal (KAT), high hat controller pedal and Zen Drum trigger controller.

We get some interesting looks when we perform between the "drums" and the Stick!

All of this is connected to a pair of ART S-8 XLR splitters that route the input to output cables for FOH (when needed) and to our Mackie DL32-R digital mixer.

Each of us uses an iPad or iPhone to control our own individual mixes.

The Mackie connects via USB to my laptop running Pro Tools so we can record whenever we want.

I also sometimes have used my Roland GR-30 guitar synth, but I don't like the 13-pin cables so these days I'll use Midi Guitar 2 on my iPad Pro running in a loop on the FM9 over USB hosted in AUM (to get lower latency, among other things) when I want to do that.

The FM3 was purchased as a "group backup device" for gigging but in the meantime I let my son use it in his "rig" along with his guitars and keyboard into a Boss RC-300 Loop Station.

I'm a big user of expression pedals. I have 4 in my rig: 2 x Mission EP-1 spring loaded and 2 x Fractal EV-2. All are mounted on a Temple Audio Duo 17. The pedals are connected to a TRS passthrough.

I can connect that board to my FC-12 or to my FM9 (both mounted on Duo 24s) as needed.

My FM9 board has 3 external switches mounted thru the board connected to the pedal jacks of the FM9.

The TRS passthrough on that board routes the expression pedals to an AudioFront Expression IO (mounted underneath) so I can use them via midi to control the FM9.

I have also connected the midi thru of FM9 to midi in of the Axe Fx III so I can simultaneously use them for both devices without reconnecting anything.

The idea behind the separate expression pedal board was to make it more modular so I could choose to use either FM9 or Axe Fx when I want.
I think I need to get a Temple Audio pedal board to mount my pedals. It's the only clumsy part of my system.
I hadn't heard of the AudioFront Expression IO either.
Great info here. :)
Also, It be awesome if a wireless company developed something for the 13 pin universe. The technology is certainly there.
I know there are newer wireless midi systems, but so far I don't think any are Roland compatible. All proprietary technology at this point.

Last edited:
I hadn't heard of the AudioFront Expression IO either.
I recommend them all the time. Another benefit is you can send the midi out to a DAW in case you want to use it with a DI later but capture the original pedal "performance".

It is a pretty powerful device - I'm using it very simply but it has a lot of cool capabilities.

Also, It be awesome if a wireless company developed something for the 13 pin universe.
Yeah, that would be very cool!

Back
Top Bottom