stuck on version 10.01 trying to update with edirol fa 101

WannaRock

Hello group, I am stuck on version 10.01 and want to upgrade to version 11. I open up axe edit and I my midi input and midi output are listed. I take that as a good sign.. I am running windows 7 64. I am attempting this with a ediro fa-101 firewire 10 in 10 out 24 bit up to 192khz unit. I connected axe midi out into fa101 midi in and axe midi in into fa101 midi out.

axe edits sysex id = 00 01 74
axe edit has pre 10.02 firmware "decimal" id 372
I can't find in axe edit any place that shows sample rate

fractals sysex id is on 125
midi channel 1
prog change on
mapping mode none
map from 0 map to 0
ignore redundant pc off
send realtimesysex none
midi pc offset 0 extern 1 init value 0 same for 1-8

I saw one post where fret used 0 0 7d as sysex id, I tried that and it did not work for me?

I tried opening midi ox but really didn't know what to look for. At one point while I was messing with midi ox I hit something and my midi in light was lit on the axe, I went back to axe edit and the status was still not connected?

I also have totally switched out different midi cable, still no luck

Any suggestions? I can't wait until the day I can update to version 11. Thanks for your help

P.S. I moved on and tried using my gt-10, it appears I am having a little better luck this time because my midi in light is blinking while in axe the axe edit program. With my fa-101 I had to go into midi ox for it to start blinking. I am off somewhere, but I don't know much about this stuff to get it working by myself. So if you know anything about this please help me get updated. Thanks alot for your time.

Last edited:
Well I stayed up until 2:00 last night trying to get this to connect. I eventually tried to reinstall the driver this morning for the fa-101. Now the driver won't install. UMM, anyway the battle continues. I am trying the gt10 again and am giving up on the edirol for now. If anybody has had luck with the gt-10 please chime in. Thanks

I finally got it, I am not sure how. But now I can play play again

Somewhre along the way I had the axe fx do a reset, looking at my settings above I notice now my send realtime sysex is currently set to all

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom