Struggling with spillover and plex delay

JasonB5232

Inspired
I'm struggling with Bypass modes related to the Plex Delay (only recently have I started using it.). When switching between scenes there is only what I can describe as spillover and scene 8 is the biggest culprit. If someone would be kind enough to take a look it would be greatly appreciated. If there are other comments/suggestions they are always welcome.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Bad Cat 30.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 9
Hi, I took a look at your preset... and hear what's like a Digital noise spillover...... I'll check it out later

I'll check it out later
Greatly appreciated!

Still playing around with it, trying to run the Reverb, Plex and Multi delay all in parallel. While it's not as pronounced of a sound, it's still there. Starting to think I'm looking in the wrong place. I search for forum for 'digital noise spillover' and didn't find a lot. At this point not sure my best search options to figure it out.

Greatly appreciated!

Still playing around with it, trying to run the Reverb, Plex and Multi delay all in parallel. While it's not as pronounced of a sound, it's still there. Starting to think I'm looking in the wrong place. I search for forum for 'digital noise spillover' and didn't find a lot. At this point not sure my best search options to figure it out.
Yes I think it might be a residual artifact that can't be avoided... going to try something now

You didn't mention the firmware version. I am stuck on 21.01 until I finish some work for a client. Won't open for me. But I would look at using two instances of any Delay or Reverb block when needing different enough settings that cause anomalies and/or different models. And also use the appropriate bypass setting to preserve the 'tails'.

You didn't mention the firmware version
Release version of 22.

look at using two instances of any Delay or Reverb block when needing different enough settings that cause anomalies and/or different models
I was setting everything to Mute Out to get rid of all Tails to narrow it down and still hearing it even when just switching to the preset.

i am not at my III, but if you mute the „out“ in the plex delay block this block will always „hear“ what signal gets in, indifferent its muted or not. So if you unmute the block you hear this little part of audio. Try muting the „in“ side - so there will be spillover when you mute, but i think nothing when you activate the block.
If you dont like this spillover, maybe put a filter block or something before the plexdelay and mute it along with the plex delay „out“ side!
maybe a mode „mute block in and out“ would be welcome in a future update?

Back
Top Bottom