Striving for a good Vox Wah sound for Voodoo Chile

Rockguitarzan

Experienced
At 16 this was a tune that I wanted to learn but it exceeded my skill set. Now at 61 I finally learned it and with the Axe FXs help it sounds pretty damn good.

BUT I have extensively played with suggested and exploratory parameters in the Wah cause it just doesnt have the quack of my old Vox. I play a Strat and its single phase tones work great for the tune, but the wah parts just dont work for me.

Anyone have great success in setting up Vox Wah parameters or should I just go out an buy one (Vox Wah or Dunlop Cry Baby) ?

Just found these custom Wah blocks settings and will see how they work/
  1. Bonamassa Wah XY.blk
  2. Buddy Deep Wah XY.blk
  3. Buddy Guy Wah XY.blk
  4. EVH Wah XY.blk
  5. Slash CB Classic Wah.blk
  6. Slash sig Wah XY.blk
  7. Zakk Wylde Wah XY.blk
If you try one, make sure the Wah/Control/Off Value is set to 5%. The guy who created them says he forgot to save them with this correct setting.

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/wah-suggestions.106123/#post-1269306
How did these sound? Did you find anything cool?

I cant post a snapshot here since this site only references URLs and wont let me upload the image, but by placing my drive at the head of the chain in front of the Wah I get a sound a lot closer to what I wanted.

I forgot about those. Made them quite some time ago. It's quite simple to do actually.
What I did was check the manuals on the manufacturer's website from the various wah's for data regarding minimum and maximum frequencies.
Then I adjusted the corresponding parameters in the Axe's wah block.
One individual thing that still needs to be done with these blocks is to adjust the sweeps feel to one's personal taste/expression pedal.

Back
Top Bottom