Streets have no name?

MickUF said:
I run a parallel chain with a multidelay(plexi shift) and a filter to tame the highs into a verb of choice . So its core sound then an offshoot for shimmer

M
Could you post the settings of the MultiDelay, please ? Are you mixing it in with a pedal ?

MickUF,

I can understand if you dont want to give your settings away I bet it took you a long time to get your sounds, They are really authentic and not to mention impressive, probably the best on youtube!

Also understandably being that you are in a U2 cover band these sounds are your bread and butter and make or break a live performance for you, A Computer programmer who wrote a great piece of code wouldnt want to give it away "just like that" if it is something that they relied on and set them apart from the rest.

If you could post it up or just give us the settings I am sure we would all be exceptionally grateful, But if not keep on keeping on with what you are doing because listening to your videos on you tube inspire me to try harder with my sounds.

Or maybe just give us some tips to get us a bit further.

All the best.

Man, I hope for Mick's sake he hires bodyguards for the Axe FX. His U2 settings are probably worth more than the Axe FX! If someone had 4 mins with a midi cable and laptop! BOOOM..... I agree Mick, Stilwel & Ralqh were the guys that convinced me to spend as much money as I did on the Axe FX. Any tips these guys throw my way I am all ears! Heck, I would love to just have their own non U2 patches that they use for other stuff. Some of the samples that MickUF has done with some old boss delay pedals is amazing. Thanks guys! I am still struggling with just setting up the mod on the delay. It was super easy on my DD-20. On the Axe FX it is more "tweakable" but then harder to find that sweet spot that came out of the box with the DD-20.

guys Im not into hoarding settings ect..I just dont have the means of midi dumps right now as my computer is fried from my kids playing games on it..I havent had a firmwarwe upgrade in a long while..I forgot which version I have I will have to look. Remember though for me more than half of what your hearing isnt Axe. I like my ac30 and I dont use amp sims. My effect chain is dead simple with a drive when needed I like the sd1 or tube drive blocks and 1 or 2 mono delays I dont like the dual delay and I find the 2 monos in series works better for me when using 2 delays. Key is the mod settings Really i leave everything as is except the rate and depth which are all preference of how much warble you want. Thats about all I use. I somtimes use a phaser or rotary depending on the song. I also use a parallel shimmer path which is a multidela/filter/verb. The filter is set to a low pass to kill some of the high shrills. The multidelay I set to plexi shift and play with the 4 times. I shift all 4 to +12 I dont like 2 octaves as I find its too much. I send that to a verb and then branch it back into my mono path. I controll the ingain on the multidelay with an exp pedal so I can bring it in and out. Thats about it

Mick

What's all this about multi delays, it's a mono delay at ~360ms with modulation, low feedback and almost 100% delay level. Feed it into an AC30TB sim slightly driven, use a Strat in the quack posiiton and boom you have it.

I don't even have the skill to properly play this song, but I've uploaded my crack at the basic sound.

http://www.axechange.net/downloadpreset ... set_id=615

I thought it sounded better chaining the two delays in series rather than using a stereo setup with different delay times and panning, but again this might be due to a general lack of skill and know-how on my part as well. ;) I also couldn't get the volume on the delay repeats like I wanted by simply going into the first delay, so I branched of the main dry signal into each of the delays as well as into the amp.

Anyway, anybody interested is welcome to give it a try and criticize (hopefully constructively).

-Steve

steverosburg said:
I don't even have the skill to properly play this song, but I've uploaded my crack at the basic sound.

http://www.axechange.net/downloadpreset ... set_id=615

I thought it sounded better chaining the two delays in series rather than using a stereo setup with different delay times and panning, but again this might be due to a general lack of skill and know-how on my part as well. ;) I also couldn't get the volume on the delay repeats like I wanted by simply going into the first delay, so I branched of the main dry signal into each of the delays as well as into the amp.

Anyway, anybody interested is welcome to give it a try and criticize (hopefully constructively).

-Steve

I've spent a little time tweaking the delay parameters, and have uploaded a newer version: http://www.axechange.net/downloadpreset ... set_id=625. I don't know how close it comes to the real thing, but I like the sound of it nevertheless.

Back
Top Bottom