Strap Suggestions for Incoming New Guitar

Those Anthology straps seem to be priced very competitively. I may have to order one.

The ones I have, the Overland and the Walk the Line, were really well made and are holding up well. Thinking about ordering another, maybe the Shadowlands... they have some nice designs.

I contacted Anthology and received what I felt was a somewhat rude answer, under the guise of being helpful. They said I should go to website and look at the straps for how they adjust as you can see it there. Well I had done that prior to asking them and there aren't any pictures on the site that clearly show how they adjust. I just wish Levy's had the tri glide in brown in stock. They have black, but I am not sure that would look good with my Iced Tea burst.

That's too bad they weren't more helpful. They make a few that use buckles to adjust, but I'm too worried I'd create major scratches and dents in my guitar with all that metal floating around. I don't mind the position holes and straps, but they're difficult (time-consuming) to adjust.

Yeah, I wish Levy's had a few other colors than the light brown, black, and white. I do like the Whiskey Brown of the Anthology's. I think it goes well with sunbursts.

That's too bad they weren't more helpful. They make a few that use buckles to adjust, but I'm too worried I'd create major scratches and dents in my guitar with all that metal floating around. I don't mind the position holes and straps, but they're difficult (time-consuming) to adjust.

Yeah, I wish Levy's had a few other colors than the light brown, black, and white. I do like the Whiskey Brown of the Anthology's. I think it goes well with sunbursts.
So on the Levy's Tri Glides, are the buckles plastic so they wouldn't scratch or ding the guitar? I hadn't thought of that. Currently I have been using Couch straps but the heavier LP seems to want a bit of padding for my shoulder comfort.

I contacted Anthology and received what I felt was a somewhat rude answer, under the guise of being helpful. They said I should go to website and look at the straps for how they adjust as you can see it there. Well I had done that prior to asking them and there aren't any pictures on the site that clearly show how they adjust. I just wish Levy's had the tri glide in brown in stock. They have black, but I am not sure that would look good with my Iced Tea burst.
The video, at least for the Overland, shows they are the same as pretty much every other wide leather strap I have had. Still, it was a really lame response to a potential customer.Screenshot 2024-07-05 at 12.37.06 PM.png

I have two regular use Anthology's that have lasted 14 years and 12 years respectively. Both are the standard threaded tail style.

Then a Couch that's been in regular rotation for the last 4 years, no disintegration issues for me. I particularly like the stiffness of the straps as its more comparable to a thicker leather strap than to nylon style.

I picked up a few etsy shop straps based on looks with varying degrees of satisfaction. Nothing as sturdy as the others mentioned above, but also noticeably cheaper than the others. Fun if you like trying different looks.

Most recently grabbed a Singing Crane strap; made in Japan using old Kimoni Obi (the sash). Loved the design, good overall feel though more delicate than my others for sure.

Life's too short for boring straps.

There's a guy over on The Gear Forum that makes and sells some really great looking straps.

Check out Well Hung Straps on Reverb if you're interested.

I don't yet have any first hand experience with them but on my radar for sure.

He can pretty much do what you're interested in, you just have to ask him.

So on the Levy's Tri Glides, are the buckles plastic so they wouldn't scratch or ding the guitar? I hadn't thought of that. Currently I have been using Couch straps but the heavier LP seems to want a bit of padding for my shoulder comfort.

Yep, the Tri-Glides I have use plastic adjusters and their website says the current version uses plastic. I got my first one about 10 years ago (I think) and it's held up well. I would guess that they'll wear out at some point, but so far, no signs of that.

They're not as padded as some straps I've tried, but the 3" width really does help.

There's a guy over on The Gear Forum that makes and sells some really great looking straps.

Check out Well Hung Straps on Reverb if you're interested.

I don't yet have any first hand experience with them but on my radar for sure.

He can pretty much do what you're interested in, you just have to ask him.

Thanks for this! Looks very interesting indeed, I'll keep them in mind next time I want a new strap.

In addition to my earlier suggestion, I really like the Italia Leathers straps. If you sign up for their email list you will get a few sales offers each month for 2 for 1 or half off sales.

In addition to my earlier suggestion, I really like the Italia Leathers straps. If you sign up for their email list you will get a few sales offers each month for 2 for 1 or half off sales.

I've got a couple from them, too, and they're really nice.

Thanks for mentioning Italia. They have a blue leather strap I might like. I've been looking for one to pair with a guitar without success to this point.
Get some Schaller locks and these! https://getmgetm.com/pages/getm-getm-straps
Prince used these, Jordan Rudess, Jimmy Page, BB King, Metallica, Lady Gaga, Bruno Mars etc. I’ve got one for my Luke 3, they accentuate a killer guitar like no other!
They have a Blue Cobra model that would be killer for a blue burst Kiesel I have. The description says they are lined with nylon webbing. Does that slip? I’ve always bought straps with unfinished leather on the flip side.

They have a Blue Cobra model that would be killer for a blue burst Kiesel I have. The description says they are lined with nylon webbing. Does that slip? I’ve always bought straps with unfinished leather on the flip side.
That one does look rad!
I’ve never had an issue in the 3 years I’ve had it! They’re pretty heavy duty and been used in all sorts of weather, stays put well.

Back
Top Bottom