Strap Suggestions for Incoming New Guitar

Jipps0525

Power User
I have a new Ernie ball music man Luke 4 arriving tomorrow supposedly. See attached pictures. Typically I use the Dimarzio strap lock straps and would get another one for this new guitar if needed. But wanted to come here first and see if anyone has any higher end (higher than dimarzio strap lock strap) strap suggestions? I can’t really give you an honest budget because I’ve never spent much on a strap and just want to see what people suggest

Attachments

• 22F74ACC-1135-43F7-A4A0-F1C93E43658C.jpeg
    22F74ACC-1135-43F7-A4A0-F1C93E43658C.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 29
  • 092DACF3-E5C8-4C0C-850B-E0B9087A66D9.jpeg
    092DACF3-E5C8-4C0C-850B-E0B9087A66D9.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 29
Been using the same few 2" leather straps from FranklinStrap.com and Schaller strap locks ever since I can remember...

Levy's here, too. I think they're good value... comfortable, decent selection, reasonably well made, not stupidly expensive.

And yeah, Schaller strap locks since forever.

Another vote for Levy's and Schaller strap locks. I have a couple of their 3" Garment leather straps and they are extremely comfortable with plenty of length. Tried one of their padded straps and it was too bulky for me. I use Schaller strap locks on all of my guitars.

I've got Franklin straps for all my guitars these days. The ones I have are really supple. I used to have a lot of Jeri Hart straps - they were great to use and looked great, too. However, they have a metal buckle that can put a pretty good ding in a nice flame-top. You can probably guess how I know that.

Gruvgear solo Strap
Cool, these look to be vegetarian, which I appreciate, me too, and also Couch straps, one of the reasons I use them. I also like how the Couch straps I have look, and they have a bunch of different ones. These are more plain, but it's great to have another good quality non-leather option.

Cool, these look to be vegetarian, which I appreciate, me too, and also Couch straps, one of the reasons I use them. I also like how the Couch straps I have look, and they have a bunch of different ones. These are more plain, but it's great to have another good quality non-leather option.
I recently ordered a LOT of different straps ranging form 12 to 60 dollars. Levys padded garment leather was the clear winner, the Kliq Aircell was a good runner up. The worst two quality wise were the ones from Couch. Both were sloppily made with low quality materials. They sure spent a lot on marketing swag, (4 post cards, stickers, and two fliers in the package) though I would have preferred the put that money towards acceptable manufacturing.

I recently ordered a LOT of different straps ranging form 12 to 60 dollars. Levys padded garment leather was the clear winner, the Kliq Aircell was a good runner up. The worst two quality wise were the ones from Couch. Both were sloppily made with low quality materials. They sure spent a lot on marketing swag, (4 post cards, stickers, and two fliers in the package) though I would have preferred the put that money towards acceptable manufacturing.
Both my Couch straps disintegrated with normal use.

I have a Levy’s strap here I bought in 1994 that was the only step I owned for more than a decade. Tons of use. Looks great. Lots of decades left in it.

Agreed! Hand-made and great quality. I have quite a few Levy's straps.

Great customer service too. I ordered a wide veg-leather strap from Amazon. Amazon shipped it folded up, instead of rolled, so it had a crease in it. Amazon shipped me another one and let me keep the original. Of course the second one was folded as well. I contacted Levy's and they told me the straps leave their shop rolled up and that they would contact Amazon. Levy's couriered the strap to me, from their shop, free of charge.

Back
Top Bottom