Strange Volume issue

Si.

Inspired
I had a strange problem tonight while at rehearsal.. I noticed that my main patch (a Marshall 800 MOD), seemed to change in volume from time to time when switching to another preset and back again. I thought I was imagining it until my bass player asked why I kept lowering my volume.

Anyone seen this before?

volume changes always mean that a tube may be broken...oh, wait a minute...:D

This phenomenon has been discussed since 10 came out I think... It keeps popping up too.

Is the Value wheel on your Axe-Fx perhaps a bit "flakey"?

Do you make use of the CCs for vol inc/dec? Maybe the Axe is receiving such a CC accidently? You can see that on the main slider in the presets, it's going downwards when such a CC is received.... ok, nothing to check on stage, you need to have the issue at home then, so you can stop playing and have a look there.
You could go to the utility midi-ctrl menu and assign vol inc/dec to none, to eliminate that possible cause right from the start, but I guess if it is something that could happen to others as well, we want to know if there's a bug somewhere.

I do have an IA using CCs to increase volume when needed for a few parts in songs so it's a good idea to take that out and test what happens.

Reactions: yek
I am having some issues with volume drops since updating to version 10.
Two weeks ago during a gig my volume dropped significantly a few times, the volume returned to normal by selecting the preset again.
Past weekend i disabled my volume pedal, this did not solve the problem. I use an IA for matman's global booster trick, next weekend i'll disable this also and try again..

I have experienced these volume spikes from time to time since version 10 as well

same here.
Bypassed my Volume Block (Mute = Thru)on all my presets at last rehearsal. But had Volume drops to. This should by checked...

FW 10.5 / MFC 2.16

I can't say for sure if my volume if increasing or decreasing, all i can say for sure is that sometimes the same patch is at different volumes when I select it.

I generally stay on one preset all night for my current gigs, so I haven't experienced this.

I'm guessing the issue only creeps up when changing presets?

I'll be making some videos this week so ill have the axe on for extended hours and i'll see if I hit the problem.

Has it been all versions of 10.xx?

Haven't experienced this either. Neither do other beta testers, AFAIK.
Might be related to a certain volume level configuration. Such as an volume pedal, or the global boost trick.
Worthwhile to rule this out when troubleshooting.

Last edited:
In my case it is not related to preset changes. I also stay on one preset a lot.

I generally stay on one preset all night for my current gigs, so I haven't experienced this.

I'm guessing the issue only creeps up when changing presets?

I'll be making some videos this week so ill have the axe on for extended hours and i'll see if I hit the problem.

Has it been all versions of 10.xx?

I've reported this, too, after 10.02 came out. I'm not using scenes and my boost is a filter block.
First gig with 10.05 will be on Saturday, I hope it's fixed...
Interestingly Cliff hasn't said one word in all those similar threads about the volume issues...

I'm running 10.05 and it's not fixed..

I've got a gig on Saturday so will have to try to limit my patch changes.

Back
Top Bottom