strange volume increase from one scene to another but they are exactly the same .... solved

violindave

Inspired
SOLVED
I was NOT having this issue and suddenly I am

Scene 1 has only para EQ and Graphic EQ and Reverb. This is my clean acoustic setting for my violin

Scene 2 is exactly the same but I have it set to add a second reverb and delay for more ambience. When I switch to scene 2 there is a HUGE volume increase. I mute the extra effects so scene 2 is now EXACTLY the same as scene 1. The volume still jumps way up

I went through each EQ, reverb etc and they are all EXACTLY the same.

Any suggestions? I finally had my preset exactly as I wanted and then suddenly this kicks in. I must have done something and there must be some difference but I'm not seeing it. Any ideas?

The other scenes have amps and cabs and have no problem

Last edited:
Post the preset.

Just muting effects doesn't mean anything depending on the routing and settings.

SOLVED
A muted delay was a different delay channel from scene 1 to scene 2. In scene 2 the delay got set to 65% mix where in scene 1 tit was at 100% mix. Both delay channels set to mute fx in and using input gain to set the amount of delay desired.

So by reducing the "mix" from 100% with mute fx in I'm assuming that lowered the delay and increased the raw audio level? Anyway they are back to same volume. Whew!

Back
Top Bottom