strange scenes issue

gdgross

Experienced
Finally setting up scenes (I know, took me a while... :)

Having a strange issue on my top boost preset. I've attached it for reference.

Scene 1 is basic, most everything bypassed except amp, cap, reverb and delay. I was starting to set up scene 2 the same way, but there's a strange volume boost in scene 2 that isn't in scene 1. I think I've set everything the same, bypass states, and x/y on each block that has it.

Is there anything else that could cause a volume boost in a different scene? Usually I look for things like bypass modes for effects being set to "thru", since I tend to run my delays and reverbs in parallel, with mix at 100% and level setting the effect level.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Top Boost.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 1
check the last page in the Layout menu. there is a Main slider all the way to right that can be used to set different levels for Scenes. i might assume your first scene has a lower level and perhaps the rest are at 0dB, the default.

You've got a FXL block in your preset. It's connected to the grid's output, which means that the FXL block's MAIN parameter affects the OUT1 signal level. The MAIN setting is saved per scene. In Scene 2 the MAIN value is much higher than in the other scenes.

You've got a FXL block in your preset. It's connected to the grid's output, which means that the FXL block's MAIN parameter affects the OUT1 signal level. The MAIN setting is saved per scene. In Scene 2 the MAIN value is much higher than in the other scenes.

Ah, thanks Yek! - didn't realize that the FX level could be set per scene too.

Also didn't realize about the main level slider either. Thanks Chris :) I thought scenes were only x/y and bypass states of the blocks.

Back
Top Bottom