Strange question but...

morty

I'm going to have a special performance wearing a tie with ledlight. The problem is that the batterypack/switch makes the pickups on the guitar noisy with a loud beep-tone. I have tried to move the battery pack away, and it helps but not enough. Has anybody a suggestion what to do? Can I cover the batterypack with something to shield it?

Extend the wires and put the battery pack in your back pocket, may help a bit. You could try covering the pack with copper shielding tape as well.

if the device work with Wireless DMX controle, you can't isolate it or it wont communicate with the other RF device.
if its just a batterie pack, you can put longer wire, the induction should not be that bad.

Thanks for the replies

if the device work with Wireless DMX controle, you can't isolate it or it wont communicate with the other RF device.
if its just a batterie pack, you can put longer wire, the induction should not be that bad.

Even if I put it on my back it seems like it's going through my body. Cannot have longer wire than to put it on my body so I have to shield the batterypack. Will try copper, lead would have been perfect.

Even if I put it on my back it seems like it's going through my body. Cannot have longer wire than to put it on my body so I have to shield the batterypack. Will try copper, lead would have been perfect.

If you can adjust the timing of the led, set it to song tempo and use it as a click track :). Seriously if the tie is hanging on the guitar I think even better guitar shielding wouldn't help.

Ha ha

This thread goes into my "weirdest threads on the Fractal boards" hall of fame. :D

I hope you don't mind... ^^'

An honour. Actually I'm doing a guitarbased tribute to the least guitarbased band in the world, Kraftwerk, that's why the tie. And maybe original member Wolfgang Flür will look at me from the side of the stage, and wonder where the beeps are coming from!

An honour. Actually I'm doing a guitarbased tribute to the least guitarbased band in the world, Kraftwerk, that's why the tie. And maybe original member Wolfgang Flür will look at me from the side of the stage, and wonder where the beeps are coming from!
In that case, it's probably beneficial to not keep the battery pack away from the guitar. You could call it a 'signature sound' that nobody knows how to replicate. ;P

G'day Morty,
Do you have a split ferrite laying around? If you put it over the wire that leads to the tie, just at the battery pack, it may cure it.

http://www.google.com.au/aclk?sa=L&...n&adtype=pla&loc=&poi=&campaignid=&adgroupid=

Pauly

I'm going to have a special performance wearing a tie with ledlight. The problem is that the batterypack/switch makes the pickups on the guitar noisy with a loud beep-tone. I have tried to move the battery pack away, and it helps but not enough. Has anybody a suggestion what to do? Can I cover the batterypack with something to shield it?

Back
Top Bottom