Strange Looper click noise

Porawsky

Hello dear friends! I just opened my axe fx3 mk2 yesterday and i found something really strange - in some presets/ scene change i experience some noise (very similar to the noise that is happening when you touch the plugged guitar cable like a pop noise) but few guys from the fractal group on facebook assured me that is fine as some of them experience similar stuff - the problem is big when i use looper because the pop noise occures every time the loop is about to stop and replay again and it piss me off so much. The funny thing is it dosent happen everytime and some repeats are clean and others got this pop click noise at the end. Have i got a faulty gear? Even when i cut the loop so i make it shorter the same pop apperas at the end so its not my foult. Its soo strange and gives me chills as its quite pricy stuff... Please help!

I'm not sure what's happening but it would help if you would post the preset. That way someone can load it and see if they are getting the same result on their end.

The looper sound noise happens on every preset, the pop sound occure on many other presets but its the most noticable when i change scenes on stock Echo Deva III. Its odd because sometimes the noise occures sometimes its not...

When you change presets you can have a pop if the destination preset does not have the same blocks as the original preset.

For scenes should not happen, unless you are doing some weird configuration with blocks and channels with very radical differences.

For the looper:

This is something that happens to me as well...

In my case, when you record a loop and playback the first time it works normally. If you stop the loop and start again and then record on top there is some clicks when the loop comes to the beginning. It is not preset dependant. If you have a looper block it will happen.

Last edited:
When you change presets you can have a pop if the destination preset does not have the same blocks as the original preset.

For scenes should not happen, unless you are doing some weird configuration with blocks and channels with very radical differences.

For the looper:

This is something that happens to me as well...

In my case, when you record a loop and playback the first time it works normally. If you stop the loop and start again and then record on top there is some clicks when the loop comes to the beginning. It is not preset dependant. If you have a looper block it will happen.
What firmware version? I use the Looper somewhat frequently and have not experienced this.

What firmware version? I use the Looper somewhat frequently and have not experienced this.
Ì have experienced it since I got the AxeIII with a few firmwares. I am in fw 17.00 right now, but I have not tested the looper with this. In 16.05 happened.

Ì have experienced it since I got the AxeIII with a few firmwares. I am in fw 17.00 right now, but I have not tested the looper with this. In 16.05 happened.
Interesting... Maybe depends on the global and block specific Looper settings?

I reproduced this Looper report but it happens very very rarely (twice in 30 tries).
If it's happening more consistently for you, we should try to determine what you're doing that I'm not so that this can become a proper bug report.

@Admin M@ I just tried, you are right, it happened only the first time I recorded an overdub. It seems is happening less often with fw17.00.

I recorded a few loops, only happened with the first overdub of the first loop.

Back
Top Bottom