Bug? Strange line in start screen

It’s in the plastic protective cover, not in your screen. Probably only shows up on a white background. Not a bug for sure.

It’s in the plastic protective cover, not in your screen. Probably only shows up on a white background. Not a bug for sure.
It does not have the protective plastic, it is not a reflection, in person the black line is perfectly visible just when turning on and also for a few seconds when the letters "fractal" appear.

Interesting. There have been a number of reports like this that turned out to be the plastic protector. I would contact Fractal support. It could be a bad or loose connection where the ribbon cable connects to the screen module. But I would suggest getting guidance from Fractal before trying to reseat the connector, especially if the unit is still under warranty. Keep us posted on what you find.

As far as I know these artefacts are normal when switching on an LCD. There are displays you can avoid it by taking care of the power on sequence of the display itself in terms of when LCD is powered in relation to CPU startup and when backlight is switched on ... On other displays you cant :-(

As far as I know these artefacts are normal when switching on an LCD. There are displays you can avoid it by taking care of the power on sequence of the display itself in terms of when LCD is powered in relation to CPU startup and when backlight is switched on ... On other displays you cant :-(
So let's say it's normal? Does it happen with your unit?
I asked in 5.3 fm3 update thread and only 2 users commented that it also happens to them.

Back
Top Bottom