Strange FX Loop Block Issue

I have a strange question that I didn't even know was a problem.

More information on my setup: I run my XLR out 1 to FOH. I also use the Output 1's 1/4" out (Humbuster Cables) to (2) QSC K10.2s.

I normally have all of my post cabinet block effects (Chorus and Delay) in parallel after the volume control block. And then I bring them back to row 2 and effects loop on row 3 going into a strymon Big Sky. What is strange is, when I rout the shunts through the effects loop, the overall sound drastically changes, (Takes away all of the midrange) as opposed to going through the same FX Loop (Big Sky) on row 2. Why should the sound change by just putting the FX Loop on Row 3 into a outboard reverb with the Row 2.

I hope I explained it well enough.

I have a strange question that I didn't even know was a problem.

More information on my setup: I run my XLR out 1 to FOH. I also use the Output 1's 1/4" out (Humbuster Cables) to (2) QSC K10.2s.

I normally have all of my post cabinet block effects (Chorus and Delay) in parallel after the volume control block. And then I bring them back to row 2 and effects loop on row 3 going into a strymon Big Sky. What is strange is, when I rout the shunts through the effects loop, the overall sound drastically changes, (Takes away all of the midrange) as opposed to going through the same FX Loop (Big Sky) on row 2. Why should the sound change by just putting the FX Loop on Row 3 into a outboard reverb with the Row 2.

I hope I explained it well enough.
Post a screen shot?

Thank you for responding. The first picture is where it sounds normal.

The second sound dark and no midrange through XLR Outs to the FOH. I don't see why the sound should change.

I also added a pic of the board to assist in the assessment.

Thank you.

Jeff
Screenshot_20180923-235000_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20180923-235427_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20180923-235000_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20180923-235427_Gallery.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180923-235633_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20180923-235633_Gallery.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 5
You're doubling up the output... You're sending your "main" signal to the output as well as the signal going to your loop.

I kind of realize that. I was hoping to run the dry signal separate and run the effects through the outboard reverb. I have the outboard reverb on kill dry.

Isn't that what you want anyway?
I use output 1 XLR for front of house, and output 1 1/4" for my stage monitors. Is that wrong?

I patch my outboard reverb stereo in and stereo out in the loop.

Is there a better way?

Isn't that what you want anyway?
I use output 1 XLR for front of house, and output 1 1/4" for my stage monitors. Is that wrong?

I patch my outboard reverb stereo in and stereo out in the loop.

Is there a better way?
What are you trying to accomplish by making this change?

It's not a change. I've done a few gigs with it and I'm not too happy with the tone and volume is very spuratic. So I decided to to start audtioning the presets and it sounded much better. But when I reconfigured it to what I thought was right I got these bad results.

I originally thought I would run the post effects in parallel, but I found I didnt like having the delay repeats dry. At least as the core sound. So I figured I'd run them through the outboard reverb the the repeats would be wet too, and I was hoping to be able to dial in the amount of dry signal (Row 2) on a per preset or per scene basis. But I was wondering why my sounds were ok, but discovering the tonal difference of keeping the FX Loop Block in line with the main row has opened my eyes and now I want to know why this is happening. That's the long and short of it.

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom