Strange Expression pedal/Wah issue - Solved!

PBGas

Experienced
Hi Everyone,

I am having a very strange expression pedal issue with my new FM9. I am running the beta software at this point.
I have a new EV2 that is hooked up via a TRS cable as indicated. I've been running the same setup with my Axe III mk2 for quite some time and had this with the MK1 version as well. It's not like I am not familiar with this.

So, what I did was the following:
-tested TRS cable with multimeter - check!
-tested both EV2 pedals with my other setup to verify the pedal is fine - check!
-tried a different TRS cable on both systems to verify - check!
-tried the TRS cable that is hooked to my FM9 on my Axe III to verify it is a ok - check!
-verified on FM9 that I have it set to the correct parameter of Expression on pedal 1 in the setup menu - check!
-verified that the pedal is working under the calibration menu - it is moving on the FM9 screen when calibrating - check!
-created a new preset with the wah and it continues to do the same thing. It's locked on!

When I go to the present, the Wah is stuck open.
I can't move the linear pot or change it's value. It defaults to 10 and will not even bypass when I click the bypass button.

Other than this, the unit has been working perfectly.
Any help is appreciated!

Pic as attached:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 2.16.40 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 2.16.40 PM.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Yellow dot shows it is being set by a controller - maybe right mouse on Control, then remove controller and you should be able to change the setting manually. (just trying to isolate where the issue is). Only other thought is to make sure you are referencing correct controller (External, Pedal 1, FC Pedal 1, etc)

if possible, provide a screen shot of the right-click Control...we'll be able to help you more appropriately then...there are parameters within the Control when you right-click...

Yellow dot shows it is being set by a controller - maybe right mouse on Control, then remove controller and you should be able to change the setting manually. (just trying to isolate where the issue is). Only other thought is to make sure you are referencing correct controller (External, Pedal 1, FC Pedal 1, etc)

That was it! Can't believe I missed that one!

Thank you both for helping out! Always grateful for the many helpful folks here!

:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom