Strandberg Jazz - Opinion?

m4ssi

Hi folks! I am really tempted about this guitar, unfortunately i don’t have a chance to try it. Any opinion on that?
I am looking for a comfortable guitar to play jazz and blues.

Thanks

I think they’re excellent guitars. I don’t own one, but the Sälen Jazz model would be the next Strandberg I would own if I was to get another. I would do all the research you can including all the specs on their website and make an informed decision. There’s demos on YouTube.

Hi folks! I am really tempted about this guitar, unfortunately i don’t have a chance to try it. Any opinion on that?

Thanks
Many guitars fit that criteria. What do you have now and what isnt working?

Thanks
Just to clarify, are you asking about a guitar for playing jazz and blues or are you asking about the Strandberg “Sälen Jazz” model? I ask because few (none) guitars fit that criteria.

However as @Budda states if it’s just a general guitar many guitars make good Jazz guitars. I think Ibanez makes the best bang for the buck Jazz models.

Last edited:
Actually i have a music man cutlass hss. I am looking for something different and i am tempted by the strandberg, because it seems really comfortable, some of them seems for "hi-gain players", i am not, so i think the jazz should be ok for me.

I have a sälen standard that I put lollar p90s into. It is a very comfortable guitar. I would pick up a jazz to go with it ..if it only had a tremolo.

Last edited:
Got one of these, beside a St vincent and a reverend, this is the guitar I play the most. Very versatile I find. Can obviously get jazzy sounds and nice Humbucker type response. Don't expect anything straty though.

Got one of these, beside a St vincent and a reverend, this is the guitar I play the most. Very versatile I find. Can obviously get jazzy sounds and nice Humbucker type response. Don't expect anything straty though.
I already have a Strat type! I need something different. Thanks

I own several Strandbergs and there are pluses and minuses to all of them. If you like the look, go for it, but otherwise there are plenty of less expensive Strandbergs that will serve well in a "jazz" context.

Back
Top Bottom