Strained Reflection - Brit 800/Brit 800 Mod with Cab Pack 20 (preset included)

shaunb

Experienced
I was playing around with some Marshall style amps and came across a tone that inspired a piece of music.
It's not my usual thing but that's kind of why I like how this one turned out.

I used the Brit 800 in the left and Brit 800 Mod in the right side of the mix.
The IR is ML Brit PR75 SM57-M160 01 for everything on this recording. This has become me "go to" IR, this was a good chance to try it out with less gain than my usual ruckus.

This is mostly single coil low gain but there is some chunkier humbucker action at around the 3:13 mark.

EDIT: I've added the preset for anyone who wants to check it out.

Attachments

• Brit 800 CP20 PR75 test.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
It's weird how I didn't even realize it was a single coil sound. So thick! Incubus meets Foo Fighters and Paddlepop? ;)

Everyone check out that riff in the end!

I think the SM57-M160 combo might be my new go to. The Citrus Ace Alloy is a fave. This one is a fave. Daaayum!

Really dig the tone! i have to admit, the Humbucker riffage at the end I REALLY dug! any chance of you sharing the preset?

It's weird how I didn't even realize it was a single coil sound. So thick! Incubus meets Foo Fighters and Paddlepop? ;)

Everyone check out that riff in the end!

I think the SM57-M160 combo might be my new go to. The Citrus Ace Alloy is a fave. This one is a fave. Daaayum!
Ha! PaddlePop. I want ice cream now.

The SM57-M160 combo is rocking my world at the moment. Both in Cab Pack 20 and 19.
Your right about the Citrus Alloy Ace, that's what I used for the rhythm guitars on my Helmet cover I posted a while back.
https://m.soundcloud.com/shaunbmusic/helmet-milquetoast-cover-ml-cab-pack-19

Here's the preset guys.
Sorry about the delay.

Scene 1 Brit 800 low gain
Scene 2 Brit 800 Mod low gain
Scene 3 Brit 800 with boost
Scene 4 Brit 800 Mod with boost

The rest are some extra toys.
In the recording I played single coil middle position with Sc 1, single coil bridge position 2, then humbuckers on Sc 3 and 4.

Let me know if you post any recordings with these, I'd love to hear how they sound for you guys and girls.
Have fun.

Attachments

• Brit 800 CP20 PR75 test.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom