Stoopidist Band name evah.

Just heard this song 6 Underground. I remember it being a damn'd sexy song. Then looked at the name of the band.

Sneaker Pimps. Come ON now.

Of course it didn't stop me from buying the song...

If your native language is not English, most names sound cool but would sound totally ridiculous and uninspired to me if it were my language... The Rolling Stones? The Beatles? The Beach Boys?? :D The Monkeys? Neil Diamond??? ;)
OTOH, it has a certain charm, I guess.

Maybe you guys have the same with eg hispanic names until you translate them? I guess mostly not, because most bands keep picking these names :mrgreen

Used to joke around about names for death metal bands as teenagers... our favorite was Napalm Enema. One night we mentioned it to another group of guys, who were in a band that used to go by Other People's Buttocks. Thought that would make for a great gig flyer... Other People's Buttocks opening for Napalm Enema.

I was in a label-contracted band in Australia during the mid-80s.

For fun and stress-release we would occasionally go out and play all-cover-song gigs under different (and ridiculous) names. Some of the more stupid names we used were:
"Kick-boxing slave nymphos of the Orient"
"The Itchy Rats"
"Helen Back and the Victims of Fate"
"Nigel goes to Bognor Regis" ('Frankie Goes to Hollywood' were popular at the time)
"Smith, Jones and Old Dr Brown's Psycho-Karmic Reggae Orchestra from Anchorage, Alaska"

Just remembered we used to do versions of songs from a band called 'Hot Buttered Elvis'. Weird wild rocking version of 'Tainted Love'. Covers of covers...ugh.

Hot Buttered Elvis for your consideration.

I was in a label-contracted band in Australia during the mid-80s.

For fun and stress-release we would occasionally go out and play all-cover-song gigs under different (and ridiculous) names. Some of the more stupid names we used were:
"Kick-boxing slave nymphos of the Orient"
"The Itchy Rats"
"Helen Back and the Victims of Fate"
"Nigel goes to Bognor Regis" ('Frankie Goes to Hollywood' were popular at the time)
"Smith, Jones and Old Dr Brown's Psycho-Karmic Reggae Orchestra from Anchorage, Alaska"

You forgot Lubricated Goat! I believe these guys were known for wearing only their instruments during a performance...

Back
Top Bottom