Stolen JPXI 7 in Tampa Bay Area, FL

katsumura78

Inspired
Hey guys, still shocked that this happened. It was a JPXI 7 with some BKP Juggernauts installed. They left the case and grabbed the guitar from the stage at my church. I'm not sure how to post pictures from my iPhone but I'll do that later today. Should I post the serial number as well? The guitar should stick out like a sore thumb so hopefully this gets resolved. Thanks.

Dave

Okay what does a JP with juggernauts do at a Church? That's rare!
So sad this happened to you though, hope you will find it again

Definitely post pics. I know people in that area and will let them know to be on the lookout for this guitar, craigslist, pawn shops etc. Keep a close eye on ebay too.

Not sure if you want to post the serial number on the web though, but definitely include it in your police report.

Okay what does a JP with juggernauts do at a Church? That's rare!
So sad this happened to you though, hope you will find it again

Lol thanks for the laugh. It's been my main guitar for a couple years now. I'm a metal/prog fan but I needed a guitar that could pull off many tones well. Believe it or not the juggernauts have a great clean/crunch tone.

pics now!! I live in Pinellas county and frequent local establishments for gear. Will keep an eye out.

pics now!! I live in Pinellas county and frequent local establishments for gear. Will keep an eye out.

yes post the pics I am north of tampa but I check pawn shops and music stores from leesburg to crystal river on weekends from time to time. hey larry are you back in a axe fx yet haven't seen ya posting on here as of late so bright and all!

Here are pictures of the guitar. The best quality photo is before I upgraded to those black bkp's thanks again guys.

Attachments

• jpxijug2.jpg
    jpxijug2.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 46
  • jpxijug.jpg
    jpxijug.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 38
  • JPXI.jpg
    JPXI.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 44
Pisses me off to hear ab out people taking other's shit, And then at a church on top of it!!! GRRRRR Nice looking guitar btw. I have a Majesty Myself 7 string!!

yes post the pics I am north of tampa but I check pawn shops and music stores from leesburg to crystal river on weekends from time to time. hey larry are you back in a axe fx yet haven't seen ya posting on here as of late so bright and all!

nope. :(
still haven't re acquired any fractal devices and I still haven't gotten used to how ridiculously bright it is out here; but I did just get hired for a field tech job that will afford me better shades... and an XL. :) I start early-mid May.

back to the OP: thanks for the pics. will keep a sharp eye out as, I'm always looking at black guitars. Stay positive, man.

You should definitely post the serial number here, so we can keep our eyes open for this.

Also, there are websites for this you might want to consider, like stolenguitarregistry.com

But no matter what, justice will probably be expensive. Even if you happen to find your guitar on craigslist, ebay or whatever, chances are the seller of said guitar is just as much a victim as you are. In that case, you probably won't get your guitar back, but the new owner might help you track down the initial seller of the guitar so that you can take up legal means.

In the rare case you find the account of the thief, make sure not to contact the culprit before getting legal advice from a lawyer! There's a lot that can go wrong if you alert the thief of your suspicion. Remember that ebay will usually not hand over any personal data of their users, so make sure to get the aid of a lawyer on this. Also, avoid breaking any laws yourself in order to get the identity of your thief.

Last edited:
I've been told by multiple cops/detective to not give out my serial number online so I'm gonna take their advice. The reports been filed and they have all the info that I could've given them. Appreciate all the help guys.

I've been told by multiple cops/detective to not give out my serial number online so I'm gonna take their advice. The reports been filed and they have all the info that I could've given them. Appreciate all the help guys.

First, I wouldn't trust cops to follow through... unless the total $ loss is huge. This happened to me a few years ago, and after following their advice of "let us handle it" absolutely nothing happened. I called back after a few weeks and was told the "detective" looking into the matter was on vacation for the next few months. When I asked if anyone else would follow through on the leads they had, I was told something to the effect "No, we usually give minor cases like yours to senior patrol officers who are eager to train for detective status as practice cases. We don't bother our actual detectives with petty theft." And that's where it ended, permanently. They even had pictures and video of the suspects. Nothing came of it because it got black-holed in the detective-in-training files.

Having said that, I'm with Zwiebelchen. I would get the serial number out there and crowd source the detective work across the net, because the cops sure as hell won't. Just my 2 cents. I sincerely hope it turns out much better for you.

If you think that police will actually search for your stolen guitar, I have bad news for you: Santa doesn't exist. ;)

The only situation in which police might get your guitar back is when they do a raid on organized crime. The chances for that are very slim, as most stolen guitars are probably theft of opportunity.

Just saying: Nobody visits a church for the slim chance of stealing something valuable. It's probably just a kid who saw a deserted stage and used the opportunity to enhance his pocket money. Let that be a lesson, folks: never leave your stuff unattended!

If you happen to find your guitar on ebay or craigslist a common strategy would be to purchase your guitar back (as much as it hurts to pay twice for the same guitar ... justice always comes at a price), then sue the vendor after having physical evidence. If you get paid for your gigs, you can even sue him for loss of earnings. But you will almost always come out at a loss. I never heard of any cases where legal actions against gear thieves broke even.

If you think that police will actually search for your stolen guitar, I have bad news for you: Santa doesn't exist. ;)

The only situation in which police might get your guitar back is when they do a raid on organized crime. The chances for that are very slim, as most stolen guitars are probably theft of opportunity.

Just saying: Nobody visits a church for the slim chance of stealing something valuable. It's probably just a kid who saw a deserted stage and used the opportunity to enhance his pocket money. Let that be a lesson, folks: never leave your stuff unattended!

If you happen to find your guitar on ebay or craigslist a common strategy would be to purchase your guitar back (as much as it hurts to pay twice for the same guitar ... justice always comes at a price), then sue the vendor after having physical evidence. If you get paid for your gigs, you can even sue him for loss of earnings. But you will almost always come out at a loss. I never heard of any cases where legal actions against gear thieves broke even.

I do disagree on your first point. While it is true that the police will not be knocking door to door searching for the OP's guitar, at the very minimum since they were provided the serial number it has been entered into the Teletype system as stolen. Plus, in the post-Andrew Cunanan State of Florida, all pawn shops (actually any stores taking a trade ie. Guitar Center/ Gamestop, etc.) are required by law to obtain an ID and thunbprint of the seller and send all that info to the local PD's weekly along with serial numbers and descriptions of the items. Plus, I don't know about the Tampa area, but I'll assume it's the same as South Florida. Nearly every church has a minimum amount of video surveillance available. Not all, but most. That would be the first place checked for a suspect.

I do agree with you that this was a theft of opportunity. Most likely taken by another guitar player who knew the value of a JP, and has no intention of selling it or pawning it.

........until that one day he wants to trade it in at GC for a new guitar/ amp then......uh oh.

If I were a filthy thief, I'd never sell a stolen guitar personally to a shop. Way too risky. If the thief really wants to make quick cash out of this (again, theft of opportunity, so there's a high chance this will happen), it will be on ebay or craigslist sooner or later, where your identity is protected until money changes hands. Keep your eyes open! If you find a guitar in your area that looks like yours, ask for the serial number. If he isn't willing to give it to you, that's a pretty good sign that it's stolen.

The security system has pinpointed what day/time it was taken out of the building, the same day a counseling center was renting out the building. They have a list of who was in and out. If I don't hear anything in a week I'll post up that serial, the guys in the Pd who told me not to post it are all good friends of mine. I've been told that insurance might cover the guitar as well but I have no clue about that just yet. I'll keep this thread updated if I get new info.

Back
Top Bottom