STL Tonehub or Mercuriall as a plugin alternative?

stm113

Power User
Hey all, just curious if anyone has any experience with any of the Mercuriall or the new Tonehub stuff? I’m really not going to be gigging much anymore and when I do I think that my Helix LT will do what I need and since I will be doing quite a bit in recording, I think I’d like to have something that’s more flexible in the plugin world. I know that we’ll likely never see AxeFx as a plug-in so I been passively looking.

The two I mentioned, from what I’ve seen, read etc seem to be the 2 best right now in plugins. Has anyone messed with these? Or are there others to recommend?

I haven’t tried STL but Mercurial can work for high gain tones. My two favourites are SGear for mid gain tones and feel and Amplitube for a variety of tones, but it does take more time than the Axe to get there.

Hey @stm113!

Google notifications brought me here =)
First off - I am a Mercuriall Audio representative, so I can answer some of your questions about our products if you have any.
Second - what type of sound are you after?

Hey @stm113!

Google notifications brought me here =)
First off - I am a Mercuriall Audio representative, so I can answer some of your questions about our products if you have any.
Second - what type of sound are you after?
Thank you for your reply. As I had said, I am pretty much just doing recording projects now, but they span from Heavy Rock/Metal, Hard Rock, Hair Rock, NU-Metal resurgence, some classic rock type stuff and even some country (which mid gain/edge of breakup should work for).
I’m a huge fan of 5150’s, Mark IV, Fender, Matchless or Vox style cleans. I’ve loved both the Bogner Shiva and Uberschall in person but have yet to hear an amp sim get it right. Also as a function of the me types of recordings I’ll be doing Dual Rec and Plexi style/sounding amps would likely be necessary.

I’ll check them out. Have you guys considered a suite? I’ve heard nothing but good things about Reaxis, Euphoria and Spark. If those 3, a 5150, maybe a Herbert and a Vox were available together, I’d likely be in heaven.

Back
Top Bottom