Sticky scene & FW3.0

Fatjac

Inspired
Hi,

Can anyone shed any light on this for me please?

I was using Sticky scene until the latest FW update. Like many I am getting there with understanding the options for the new set up. However I can't work this one out. If I set eg. a selection of various options on to the footswitches. Scene 1/2 toggle, scene 3, P1, Drive etc. Just a random few to set the idea for my example! Can I still use Sticky scene? What will actually happen if I do? When I select it will I get all 8 scenes available as it used to be? Or will there be any difference because I have already selected some footswitches to scenes?

I hope this makes sense. It's just that I cannot set up my gear and experiment until the weekend & I was trying to think through the way I will use the new FW.

Cheers

Gary

If I am understanding your question correctly, yes that will work. Sticky scenes makes the switches scene 1-8 no matter what is set up when they are in footswitch mode. This is from an AX8 user, but I would think it would be the same.

If I am understanding your question correctly, yes that will work. Sticky scenes makes the switches scene 1-8 no matter what is set up when they are in footswitch mode. This is from an AX8 user, but I would think it would be the same.
You are correct.

If you look there's at least two videos showing how to set up scenes the new way. But it's so simple that if you just experiment for a couple minutes you should be fine :)

Thanks. I've had a play with the new set up & I'm ok with it. However, whilst not being able to set up my gear just at the moment, I was trying to think through the best way to use it. The thought just occured to me that Sticky Scene might not work if one had selected a scene as one of the option for switches 1-8.

At the moment I'm of the opinion that, as I never use it live, the Looper can become Scene 1/2 selection. If I make the default scene 3 then I can have the main scene in a preset on that & have further options readily available on the Looper switch, scene 1/2.

I haven't thought through any more than that so far...

Last edited:
i show this function using Single Scene mode in my video around 26:48.

all of those special "layers" such as Scene Select, Preset Select and Looper mode, still function the same way in 3.00. it's just that the "normal layer" will look different as you may have Preset or Scene switches there as well.

in an attempt to possibly confuse the conversation ;) you can set the Footswitch/normal layer to have Scene 8 on Switch 1. you might call this a "Direct Scene" switch.

but if you press the F-Switch for Single or Sticky Scene mode, Switch 1 is now selecting Scene 1. get it?

It's in the manual.

It means that switches 1-8 are dedicated to switching scenes, and stay that way after selecting scene.

Contrary to "single scene" mode: after pressing a scene switch, the switch will revert to its assigned function.

It's in the manual.

It means that switches 1-8 are dedicated to switching scenes, and stay that way after selecting scene.

Contrary to "single scene" mode: after pressing a scene switch, the switch will revert to its assigned function.
Thanks for explaining that to me yek much appreciated

Back
Top Bottom