Steve Vai unleashes Velorum

Unfortunately every song I've heard from it, has been less than stellar. Unlike this one, this is pretty awesome. Most of the songs have sounded more like jam's than his crazy orchestrated masterpieces.

Passion and Warfare did it for me.
Firegarden was great too.
Couldnt get into Ultrazone or anything after that. This sounds good and Vai is a guitar god but missing his P+W style stuff !
And yeah, that's a nice looking guitar !

Ive heard the whole album, arrrrrg, hes just too experimental. ONe has a bunch of southern choir singing, like a Babtist church revival. 2 have this annoying asian woman speaking some asian dialect and saying sushi a million annoying times.
I agree Passion and Warfare was like my MOving pictures for Rush, not happy after.

However, live he is amazing and Im going to see him in Napa CA!

Ive heard the whole album, arrrrrg, hes just too experimental. ONe has a bunch of southern choir singing, like a Babtist church revival. 2 have this annoying asian woman speaking some asian dialect and saying sushi a million annoying times.
I agree Passion and Warfare was like my MOving pictures for Rush, not happy after.

However, live he is amazing and Im going to see him in Napa CA!

It's john the revelator dude...Hah...what did you expect...It's a gospel from the 30's...

IMHO, the most interesting guitar player of Vai's peers is Dweezil Zappa. Vai has almost always left me with a mere "meh"...

John the revelator

I like it and to hear earlier versions check out some videos on You tube for versions by Son House and Blind Willie Johnson for example.

Back
Top Bottom