Steve Vai on the AXE-FX Diet Plan

zander

Inspired
I'm new here. An AXE-FX II user for about two weeks now. Man, I love this thing!

I actually read through most of the manual before I even turned the AXE on. Who does that?

What scares me the most is I almost bought a G-System before I even knew the AXE-FX existed. It was only because of a recent YouTube video of Steve Vai's studio that I came across the AXE. So now I have the tone (any tone), and the effects in one box. Awesome!

Here is a video of Vai's live setup for Visual Sound Theories:

Steve Vai Tour Rig Video - 2007 Sound Theories Tour - YouTube

As you can see his signal path was crazy. Even he was confused by it. ;)

I know there is a thread somewhere on vai.com proposing what Vai is using live.

Here is a picture from his Facebook page that captures his pedal board. Clearly he has lost some "weight" (and hair).

SteveVaiMFC.jpg

Last edited:
I'm new here. An AXE-FX II user for about two weeks now. Man, I love this thing!

Welcome!

What scares me the most is I almost bought a G-System before I even knew the AXE-FX existed.

I DID buy a G-System before I knew the Axe FX existed. Not criticizing it, as it's a great piece of gear... at least I think it is, as I haven't used it in over a year. (I never got around to selling it, and we keep it in the studio for client use.)

I had a G system 1st and I loved it. I sold it to a friend after my Axe Fx II arrived. The Axe is more convenient for what I do but the G did have some great delays and choruses.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on finding the Axe FX.

Vai is almost six months older than myself, lately my hair is a little longer and I have gained a bit of weight. Does this mean I am due a diet, possibly ? A haircut ? Help !!!!

Vai is two days younger than me. We're both Gemini (if that's your thing). FWIW, Vai and Petrucci both have short hair now. So I guess that's the new style. I'm thinking less hair maintenance means more time to practice. ;)

Back
Top Bottom