• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Steve Vai: Legato 100

Classic 59

New here
Has anyone tried the Legato 100 in their Axe-FX III?

It sounds like a cool amp, patterned after the Amp SV actually uses.

First time poster here. Looking to purchase an Axe-Fx III.

Thank you!

unix-guy

Legend!
Just FYI, these days Vai is using the Carvin VLD Preamp pedal into an Axe Fx (effects only), then into the effects return of 2 Legacy heads... So he is using them only as glorified power amps.

Classic 59

New here
I'll believe that when I see it live ;)
He is playing the Synergy live and with the Carvin VLD Preamp (SV Synergy module in development) From my understanding, he is using AxeFx for effects only.

I am still interested in the AxeFx III myself. I really like the sound of the Legato 100 setting. PLUS it's so cool that it is based off his personal Legacy amp.

Disconnector

Inspired
Yep. I saw him a month ago and it was the Carvin SV preamp, an AXE, and a couple of Legacy's for power. Totally ripping tone and so freaking loud that I thought the roof would get blown off. He was so loud he made Yngwie's volume sound reasonable. My sperm went deaf. It made '80s Ozzy sound like a 3 year old with a kazoo.

But man oh man can that dude play . . .

Last edited:

Classic 59

New here
I remember seeing SV in a small venue in Dallas, TX. It was incredibly loud. He sounds even better in person. What an amazing talent.

Top Bottom