Steve Vai | 2022 Live Guitar Rig | Thomann

Vai hates in ears. I totally relate to that.
I hate it too for some reasons, and love it for other reasons. I keep switching back and forth and have yet to come with my perfect solution, but so far, single ear monitor along with floor monitors has been my favorite. Best of both worlds!

The other thing I very much identified with (as any guitar player can) is the tap dance you need to learn when you have lot's of options/switches! As he mentions, learning the tap dance and the guitar parts can be extra daunting. My thing is though, when I set up my set lists to use the MIDI switching (I set up the switching of tempo and preset/scene for about 40 songs), I was then locked into doing it that way every time. Sure, I could still override what was sent via MIDI using my switches, but here again I have a love/hate relationship with "programming" the music I will be playing. It has it's positives, but the negatives exist as well. Still trying to find the right balance there as well!

Steve posted this on his facebook..with the title.."When your rig goes down in Italy..."
I don't think it's visible on the original link I post...
Funny thing is that I just finished watching the "Live Rig" video where at the end they were saying that they are happy all went perfect until now, and in not even "read next words with a french accent" "1 hour later" from when I watched this, Steve posted this on his facebook...

At least he‘s handling it well.

At the ‘01 Boston G3 show the Sustainer in Flo wasn’t working right. Thomas came out a few times to tweak something and when it still didn’t work Vai just took the guitar off his shoulders and dropped it flat on it’s back from chest level, volume turned up, then stormed off the stage. I’m not sure how much of it was him playing it up or if he was serious, but it was slightly uncomfortable until he came back out.

Steve posted this on his facebook..with the title.."When your rig goes down in Italy..."
I don't think it's visible on the original link I post...
Funny thing is that I just finished watching the "Live Rig" video where at the end they were saying that they are happy all went perfect until now, and in not even "read next words with a french accent" "1 hour later" from when I watched this, Steve posted this on his facebook...
I was there... this was the 'bis' song after they finished the regular set-list... what a pity!
He managed to sing a little bit and then Thomas made some magic and the guitar signal was back!

Back
Top Bottom