Steve Morse was heading for being an airline pilot...

Interesting . Did he want to follow the steps of Chris deGarmo? This one quit for good! Thanks Crom Steve Morse didn’t.

Interesting . Did he want to follow the steps of Chris deGarmo? This one quit for good! Thanks Crom Steve Morse didn’t.
I bet he wanted to make a good living with a skill he already had. Sounds like a plan, unless you've got something else you really love and totally kick butt at, like, say, music :)

Last edited:
He wasn't "heading for"... He was a commercial pilot, for United I think".

He just returned to music.

Stanley Jordan became a computer programmer for quite a few years...

I'll bet Stanley Jordan's musical income wasn't that great, in spite of how big a name he has in some circles, so that doesn't surprise me, unfortunately. I'm a software engineer, but if I was as creative and innovative as he is, it would be a lot harder to sit down in front of the computer for me.

I'll bet Stanley Jordan's musical income wasn't that great, in spite of how big a name he has in some circles, so that doesn't surprise me, unfortunately. I'm a software engineer, but if I was as creative and innovative as he is, it would be a lot harder to sit down in front of the computer for me.
Programming is an adventure too though...

He was so disheartened by the music industry due to the Dixie Dregs being nearly ignored for decades he cut his hair and got a job flying for United Airlines.

Recently he quit Deep Purple to be with his wife during her final stages with cancer.

I did the same thing, but no one noticed. I’m just now finding it within myself to be able to play for people again.

I think if I had one wish to acquire one guitar skill I would look to Steve Morse. It’s not his amazing musicality and chops that he has. It’s his ability to exude the pure joy he feels with every note he plays.

One of my favorite players to listen to and my absolute favorite to watch!

He was so disheartened by the music industry due to the Dixie Dregs being nearly ignored for decades he cut his hair and got a job flying for United Airlines.

Recently he quit Deep Purple to be with his wife during her final stages with cancer.

I did the same thing, but no one noticed. I’m just now finding it within myself to be able to play for people again.

I think if I had one wish to acquire one guitar skill I would look to Steve Morse. It’s not his amazing musicality and chops that he has. It’s his ability to exude the pure joy he feels with every note he plays.

One of my favorite players to listen to and my absolute favorite to watch!
Yeah... I was saddened to read about his wife, and yours when you posted about it.

Steve definitely conveys his love and enthusiasm for music when he plays!

Back
Top Bottom