Wish Stereo tape saturation version of drive block, or stand alone, for end of chain placement

Here's a preset for you to play with. Scenes 1, 2 and 3. AC-15 with stereo post drives.
My pick is still the Vintage mic pre with some high cut. I dialed it in here for you.

Attachments

• Drive Delta_20211203_172053.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
I think it should be it's own block for sure, or part of drive as now but passing input stereo as output stereo with effect applied (preserving any stereo pans from incoming signal). This type does use some CPU and not everyone will want to use it in stereo. It was something while making Brit Rock Royalty #1 I kept running into. I ended up putting the Drive block between the amp and cab, because the cabs were generally in stereo and panned, and couldn't use after it (because I didn't have bandwidth especially on Fm3 or FM( to use two drive blocks just for this one effect).

I'm gonna try @Admin M@ s idea and preset and see if the cab block can help, BUT I already used the cab block preamp in Brit Rock #1 to emulate how Page often would urn up the preamps on his mics so not sure.

It really is a cool thing it does...

What about the drive parameter in the Stereo Tape model in the Delay block?
That works decently! (maybe we already have it). See below revised Admin's preset with Tape Delay Drive option in scene4 (also added scene 5-8 which are scene 1-4 equivalent but with drive and post-amp/cab-pre-tape-dist stereo delay added (as one might commonly have if putting the tape distortion near end of chain).

Edit - Correction on scene 4,8 to use cab ch A, and removed the eq from tape delay

Attachments

• Drive Delta 2b.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
+1 stereo drive block. +1 stereo everything block

if you can load four of one block, can I load two of them that are true stereo with linked controls? stereo distortion, true stereo reverb and delay, without needing duplicate blocks in parallel

The factory preset Tape Drive / Tape Driver also demonstrates the use to Tape Distortion.

Here is a pretty good example of what a good tape distortion can add to guitar track. I am currently looking for a 500 series unit of the RND 542 to play with. Would be great to have a convincing fractal block though!

Back
Top Bottom