Stereo/Mono setup

kev

Inspired
Another noob question but I'm trying to cram for the midterm (gig) coming up and I'd love to use the Axe if I can get my setup going in time.

Anyway, I'm running through a stereo SS power amp into 2 1x12 guitar cabs. Cab sims off. Sounds fab in the room. The thing is that we run our PA in mono. I generally just blend in enough guitar(miked) through the mains so it can be heard on both sides of the whatever room we're playing in.

What would be the best way to set this up routing wise?
What is the difference between summed L/R and copy L/R?
If I'm using modulation FX in mono do I use Stereo or summed or copy?
Will I have any phase issues trying to pull off this routing? Trying to run mono into the board and running stereo FX to my cabs?

I'm flexible enough to go mono all the way but it sounds so damn good in stereo behind me.

Sorry about all the questions. I've read just about every page in the forum but I just got the axe a few days ago and it's a lot to figure out...as you know.

Thanks for any help with any of the above.
Kevin

My bad, I was thinking that output two (FX loop) was mono. Got it now. If I want to run with cab sims off for my cabs, I need to branch out with an FX loop block to Output 2 before the cab sim which will go to FOH.

Heh, it's just a little trickier to setup than a Fender Champ.

Back
Top Bottom