Stereo Cabs on an Ultra

fret

Experienced
Every time I try stereo cabs all I get is the left cab. The right cab makes no audio whatever. I've set both the left and right levels to full and panned them hard left and hard right (the default). That gives me audio in the left channel and nothing in the right. If I pan the Left cab full right then all the audio moves to the right channel. If I reduce the Left cab volume to zero... no audio.

So what am I missing here?

Make sure R isn't set to an empty/inaudible user cab, and that you're not panning the sound left somehow pre-cab.

Make sure R isn't set to an empty/inaudible user cab, and that you're not panning the sound left somehow pre-cab.

The 2 cabs selected are the factory greenbacks and V30 (a fairly standard comb).

I think maybe the input select to the block might need changing? I'll have to check when I get home later.

So I got some time last night to look at this again, and a "factory" preset didn't have the same problem. Just my built from scratch patches. Turns out that a lot of my patches have the amp panned hard left (why? dunno). The mono cab doesn't care. Stereo does. I guess that's a downside to always copying my last patch and then modifying it to match my needs at the time. Subtle errors cascade through every patch. Is there even a "clear everything mode" on the box?

So I got some time last night to look at this again, and a "factory" preset didn't have the same problem. Just my built from scratch patches. Turns out that a lot of my patches have the amp panned hard left (why? dunno). The mono cab doesn't care. Stereo does. I guess that's a downside to always copying my last patch and then modifying it to match my needs at the time. Subtle errors cascade through every patch. Is there even a "clear everything mode" on the box?

Press Eff.Bypass twice in the Amp block to reset the block.

Back
Top Bottom