Stereo Amp Volume Control

JazzMac251

Inspired
I'm trying out running two amps with my AxeFX2 for a stereo setup as my stage rig. I have one amp connected to Output 2 L and one amp connected to Output 2 R. I have two expression pedals hooked up that I would like to assign to controlling amp 1 volume and amp 2 volume respectively.

How would I go about doing that?

I tried putting 2 Vol/Pan blocks after my stereo reverb, selecting input L only on one and R only on the other and then hard panning each block's balance knob to match. This does give me independent volume control of each amp, but I feel like I hear a subtle difference in the interactions of the stereo reverb reflections vs having no Vol/Pan block at all. The reflections just seem slightly less "stereo-y" with the blocks in place. Maybe it has something to do with the balance knob panning or something?

It could be complete placebo, though. It's a complex sound. Hard to tell.

Do you mean an Axe-FX reverb block? That sums to mono at its input. Try placing the volume blocks before reverb instead.

I'm trying out running two amps with my AxeFX2 for a stereo setup as my stage rig. I have one amp connected to Output 2 L and one amp connected to Output 2 R. I have two expression pedals hooked up that I would like to assign to controlling amp 1 volume and amp 2 volume respectively.

I tried putting 2 Vol/Pan blocks after my stereo reverb, selecting input L only on one and R only on the other and then hard panning each block's balance knob to match. This does give me independent volume control of each amp, but I feel like I hear a subtle difference in the interactions of the stereo reverb reflections vs having no Vol/Pan block at all. The reflections just seem slightly less "stereo-y" with the blocks in place. Maybe it has something to do with the balance knob panning or something?

Why don't you put the volume blocks right after the amp blocks?
-
Austin

Can you post a screen capture of the grid layout? I have some questions about your intentions.

So far I'm going with the placebo...;)

I assume that panning after the reverb would effect the stereo image. I.E. Turning down the left side would decrease the left side of the reverb. You could split into 2 (L and R) reverb blocks and run those into the dual Vol/pan blocks. I guess you could just turn the stereo image knob of a single reverb block to zero?

Back
Top Bottom