Implemented Step sequencer rate lower than 1Hz

HurdyGuigui

Inspired
Right now, the rate parameter of the step sequencer has a minimum value of 1Hz, it means that the maximum time we can do between each step is 1 second.
This is a bit confusing when using the tempo parameter : when using subdivisions that need the rate to be less than 1Hz, it stays locked to 1Hz (see video).

I would like to be able to have longer time between steps, going down to 0.1Hz (10 seconds between steps) would be great, or even 0.01Hz as this would allow all of the tempo subdivisions to work even at low tempo.

What are you doing with it that's so slow? Would Scene Controllers be a suitable replacement control source?

What are you doing with it that's so slow? Would Scene Controllers be a suitable replacement control source?
I am controlling a pitch block with the step sequencer. I am running a drone (a low C) into the pitch block so that the step sequencer give me a sequence of bass notes : for exemple : step 1 = C, step 2 = E, step 3 = C, step 4 = A....
I play with the click to be in sync with the bass line.
This is what I do for example in this video : you can hear the drone that was a low C in all the be being of the song, then at 1'18 I run the step sequencer and the drone start to play a sequence of notes that make the bassline. In this example it works, but when I want to make long sequences with slow changes I am stuck.
Very specific use I have to admit... I am asking though as 1Hz seems to be an arbitrary limit?

+1

Also faster please, say 100 Hz (up from 30 Hz). :) [I have some cool percussion (drum sim) presets that use a guitar triggered sequencer step and the 'effective' latency of a 30 Hz step timing is too large to be useful.]

+1

Also faster please, say 100 Hz (up from 30 Hz). :) [I have some cool percussion (drum sim) presets that use a guitar triggered sequencer step and the 'effective' latency of a 30 Hz step timing is too large to be useful.]
+1

Alsø wik: more range on the top end.

Alsø alsø wik (prolly orta be its own wish, but semi-related): more range on modifier curve tweakage would help too, as well as upping to maybe 5 definable points on the curve to help make shaping the response curve just so a bit easier. As it is, the Slope can get something sorta like a plateau in the middle that is good enough for amp/effect controls, but would be immediately obviously off the mark if controlling a pitch offset parameter in a Pitch block if your pedal landed even a smidgen off center....

I had this wish a while back. I needed a sequence with steps changing at around 2 second intervals. The new 'Pause/Step' feature was another wish, and is super appreciated, but maybe a minimum rate of '0.1'Hz would be awesome.

Last edited:
I hade this wish a while back. I needed a sequence with steps changing at around 2 second intervals. The new 'Pause/Step' feature was another wish, and is super appreciated, but maybe a minimum rate of '0.1'Hz would be awesome.
I have to say first that I love the new Pause/Step feature and I am so thankful it got implemented 🙏.
This beeing said and with all respect I still wish the rate of the sequencer could go under 1Hz, I also need sequences with steps changing with more than 1 sec interval. I agree 0.1 Hz would be perfect.

Up. I see that the sticker says implemented but it doesnt seems to be, at least on firmware 20. Did I miss something? Thanks.

I checked and it's not implemented in latest official FW 21.

HurdyGuigui's request is to allow slower sequencer rates than current limit of 1 Hz, of at least 0.1Hz but ideally down to 0.01Hz. My related request is to allow faster sequencer rates up to 100Hz (from 30Hz currently).

Last edited:
Up. The sticker says implemented but it is not.
Behavior is still strange, we can choose tempo synchronization but the rate doesn't follow because it is locked to 1Hz min. Please allow us to go down to 0.01Hz so that the tempo parameter will work for all values. Thank you.

I am controlling a pitch block with the step sequencer. I am running a drone (a low C) into the pitch block so that the step sequencer give me a sequence of bass notes : for exemple : step 1 = C, step 2 = E, step 3 = C, step 4 = A....
I play with the click to be in sync with the bass line.
This is what I do for example in this video : you can hear the drone that was a low C in all the be being of the song, then at 1'18 I run the step sequencer and the drone start to play a sequence of notes that make the bassline. In this example it works, but when I want to make long sequences with slow changes I am stuck.
Very specific use I have to admit... I am asking though as 1Hz seems to be an arbitrary limit?

Glorious evolution, very useful with drone backup sounds.

Back
Top Bottom