Stay Away from Atomic Amp Products including CLR monitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Several years ago, I bought a pair of Atomic Amps CLR wedges. I ended up selling one because I have problems with The other one.
Volume one would quit working and then it would go to full volume. Eventually it quit working.
I have tried many times to contact Tom Kind and Atomic Amps.
There is No Customer Support Service. They do not respond.
I took my CLR to a local repair shop and paid over $500 to get it fixed.
When I took it home, it would do the same thing. Volume one would spike after a few minutes.
The third time I took back to the shop, it died on their bench as they were testing it.
They have also tried to contact Atomic Amps to buy an Input PC Board.
As usual, Atomic Amps and Tom King do not respond.

Because of the lack of customer support, I highly advise to stay away from All Atomic Amps products and especially CLR Wedges.
Mine is basically scrap after spending over $500 to get it fixed just because Tom King does Not support his own products. Shame on him.

yea they are pretty much non existent as a company anymore and honestly the writing was on the wall for a few years now. they kept lying to people about EVERYTHING. from service and support to software-firmware updates and from product availability to the people actually working there. I'm surprised no one has reported them to a consumer protection agency (or something of this sort there in the states) assuming of course they still operate legally and haven't totally closed their books.
you MIGHT have a chance of getting a hold of someone in there if you post in a forum where tom king might watch like that sewer thegearpage.net or something like that and your post gets traction and he might try to at least pretend he cares for appearances...
whether that will result in anything productive of course is another deal but at least you might get a response

There's a number of threads here on the forum with lots of people with the same story. Sad because the CLR's do sound great. My non-neo CLR cab is still going, but I don't have a lot of faith in it due to all the reports of issues over the years. When it does crap out, I'm pretty much out of luck and will buy something else, likely a Fender FR-12.

There's no reason to go with boutique companies anymore since both EV and Yamaha make excellent coax wedges for roughly the same price as what Atomic has been offering. Also people seem to like Redsound and you know they'll be trustworthy with Fractal as a distributor. We just don't have to put up with this kind of crap at this point.

I tried to support them when they came back online but, regrettably, it’s turned out as bad or worse the second time. I have two, and the newest has acted odd on occasion (power drop, distortion). Sounds great when it’s working, but impossible to use live. I’ve gone back to my one repaired CLR and a repaired RCF. No doubt, I’ve made my last Atomic purchase.

There's no reason to go with boutique companies anymore since both EV and Yamaha make excellent coax wedges for roughly the same price as what Atomic has been offering. Also people seem to like Redsound and you know they'll be trustworthy with Fractal as a distributor. We just don't have to put up with this kind of crap at this point.
Fractal was a distributor for Atomic at one point if I recall correctly.

I have a pair of Gen. 1 non-Neos that crapped out after short time, I managed to repair them somehow for a couple hundred Euros, not sure if they will last for home use only, and I bought a second pair of Neos that are working fine until now at the rehearsal studio...knock on wood! Same experience here, NO customer service. I would not buy again. And I don´t use them live, too much risk. I bought the pair of Neos from Anderton´s when they had them on sale knowing that there would be no customer service (confirmed by Anderton´s).

I bought mine in 2009 and it still works. It is one of the original “Fratomic ones”. I wonder if the qa issues started in the later years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom