Standard vs Ultra

bassguy

Hello all, I’m thinking about getting an axe fx but I have a couple questions. I don’t really have a need for a lot of the features on the Ultra (some would be fun to mess with) but I was wondering if any standard users have any regrets, especially concerning cpu/memory usage. Do you max out the CPU regularly?

Anything you ultra users couldn’t live without??

Thanks in advance!

Sticky would be great indeed!

I am sure guys didn't want to make you look annoying or anything
but really, there are toooo many threads with same topic, even with the same topic name,
Standard vs Ultra, just like that.

Again... my bad. I ran a search for exactly that and got an error... then tried wading thru about a hundred posts on other searches, guess I did something wrong.

bassguy said:
Again... my bad. I ran a search for exactly that and got an error... then tried wading thru about a hundred posts on other searches, guess I did something wrong.

No biggie, search does choke here and there.

Yes we need a sticky!!!

these dozens of threads are fast becoming spam to regular forum users.

One thread, single post, comprehensive enough to quash any "but what ifs". And, it would serve much better than new guys getting frustrated/rushed answers

stickaaaay

well for a straight answer which i think the guy wants.... i have a standard and i wish to upgrade badly. using two amps and two cabs maxes thing out pretty quick. go the ultra. you wont regret it.

In the original poster's defense, this forum technically sucks. The search feature is a parody - before I posted my cocky reply to bassguy, I did a forum search myself, and it rejected it completely because my search terms were "too common". I mean, jeez, if a search for "standard versus ultra" is too common, then what search terms can you possibly use to look for that information??? Anyways, I ended up using the google forum search (see in my sig) to produce the links I included in my reply.

I won't go into other reasons why this forum technically sucks (i.e. downtime, lost threads, and sloooooooooooooowwwwww performance), because my blood pressure is already at the edge.

So you're all forgiven, bassguy, it's just a chronic issue on this forum, with no search capabilities to help. I agree, should be a sticky.

I have had the Standard for a few years and I am still amazed at what I can get out of it. I personally have never wished I had the Ultra.

dpeterson said:
go to google type in what you are searching for put site:www.fractalaudio.com/forum at the end of it, and it'll search here.

+1. I use google to search all forums, cause it doesn't reject 3-letter words or "too common" words, and it isn't slow.
Google is your friend.

This forum, while having its faults like all forums, is still the best source of information on the Axe-fx, if you know how to search it.

Back
Top Bottom