Stand In Switches and FM3-Edit?

Tones2

Experienced
Is there any way to assign external switches as stand in switches in FM3 Edit (vs on the on unit screen)?

Next question then, is there a way to GLOBALLY assign a stand in switch to every view? As an example, always make one of the external switches be a tuner without having to assign a stand-in switch for every view.

Yes, You are not quite understanding how it works.
You assign the SIS in FM3 to "look up" a location, it will always execute that function, no matter what layout you are in.

Yes, You are not quite understanding how it works.
You assign the SIS in FM3 to "look up" a location, it will always execute that function, no matter what layout you are in.

Just tried that. Yes, it works in a layouts and views. I guess I got confused because you are assigning a specific layout and switch to the external switch, not pr layout. Thanks.

Still wish we could do this in FM3 Edit, but no big deal.

Let me ask one last thing. Is there any way to assign a tuner to a external switch without assigning the external switch as a stand in switch? You can assign modifiers directly to an external button as well as even turn full effects on and off, but I don't see as way have the tuner be controlled directly to an external switch other than using a stand in switch.

I would like the SIS's (or in other words, the external switches) to be capable of being assigned to different functions in each layout (just as an onboard switch is). For example, in my case I have a layout for presets and a layout for scenes. I would like the external switches to be able to do bank up and bank down respectively in the preset layout, but then in the scenes layout have one external switch access the tuner and the other to access the preset layout.

Let me ask one last thing. Is there any way to assign a tuner to a external switch without assigning the external switch as a stand in switch?
Nope. I keep a tune/tap tempo switch on layout 9 and I just set my external switch to be a stand-in for that switch. Bonus: if I forget my outboard switch box, I can still get to my tune/tap tempo switch on layout 9.

Nope. I keep a tune/tap tempo switch on layout 9 and I just set my external switch to be a stand-in for that switch. Bonus: if I forget my outboard switch box, I can still get to my tune/tap tempo switch on layout 9.

OK, thanks for the reply. Not a big deal as I can just assign the external switch to any layout switch that has a tuner as the tap function.

How do I assign a volume boost to a SIS, like global output level +4db? I have a Mission SP-1 and want to use the toe switch for volume boost. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom