Stand In Switch Settings to Simply Switch Presets Up and Down

Sthompson86

Hello, I am have been attempting for a while this afternoon the simple task of setting up my Mosky Dual Switch to increment up and down presets.

At one point via the front Panel controller assignment settings, I did have it it switching presets incrementally, but the FM3 was not actually switching to the preset. I could see the screen showing a popup showing the preset names as I clicked the dual switch. Right now its switching through banks..

I have watched a few videos, but everybody is doing examples of task that are more advanced than just trying to go up and down through the presets.

Thanks in adv!

Shane T.

Last edited:
Are you looking to have the preset simply go up/down by one? If so, what do you want to see on the FM3's switches once you move up or down by one preset?

If you want to use stand-in switches, make sure you don't have anything assigned to the Mosky switches in the MIDI/Remote menu. Set up two switches in one of your FC layouts for Preset Inc and Preset Dec and then assign your Mosky switches as stand in switches for those two FC switches in the same layout.

what have you done to the switch so far? are you using the Setup > MIDI menu?
All the settings I did were under FC Controllers/onboard switches and then Stand-in Switches. That is because the video I watched said so... maybe they were hooking “stand in” into an FC.

All the settings I did were under FC Controllers/onboard switches and then Stand-in Switches. That is because the video I watched said so... maybe they were hooking “stand in” into an FC.
that should be the right place. you set the desired actions on any footswitch, then set the Stand-In menu to make the external act as that footswitch.

can you show a screenshot of FM3-Edit that shows the switch setup?

I got it working.. easy to do now that it is done.

Thanks to all who chimed in!

photos of my switch settings attached incase someone searches for this in the future.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 73
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 67
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 68
Last edited:
just in case it's unknown, you can set up switches much easier on the unit using the EZ tab as well. just go there - first tab of Setup > FC, click the switch you want to adjust, and edit the menus that appear.

just in case it's unknown, you can set up switches much easier on the unit using the EZ tab as well. just go there - first tab of Setup > FC, click the switch you want to adjust, and edit the menus that appear.

Thanks Chris, I will look into that now! EZ is always good.

Glad you got it sorted. Here's an excellent brief stand-in switch tutorial that Leon Todd recently posted just for anyone else's reference:

Back
Top Bottom