Ss amp + cab v frfr setting

paulmapp8306

Fractal Fanatic
What is this setting in the amp block doing?.

I use both ss amp and cab, and frfr. Knowing what this does exactly would give me an idea if I should use it or not (or indeed use multiple presets )

Did search, but nothing obvious came up.

From the Block Guide:

Output Mode – The default value, “FRFR”, is designed for use while using “Full Range/Flat Response” monitors,
or while recording. The “Solid State Power Amp + Cab” (“SS PWR AMP +CAB”) mode is intended for use while
using a solid-state power amp and conventional guitar cab. In this mode speaker compression modeling behaves
differently, relying on the speaker for compression while still simulating the interaction with the power amp.

NOTE: The SS PA +Cab Mode is NOT intended for use with “current drive” power amps, i.e. tube power amps,
Class-D current feedback amps, etc. This mode CAN be used, however, with FRFR monitors in high volume
applications where the monitor’s speakers are compressing, thereby achieving a more dynamic response.

If you use both in the same preset, you could always split your signal before the amp blocks, insert two identical amp blocks(except for this setting of course), and have a chain that goes out to each of the corresponding output blocks. One amp/output combo for FRFR and one amp/output combo for SS/Cab.

No o cant lol - because I cant bypass 2 instances of the same FX block with a single switch...without using control switches and I already use 5 of those and I have 8 FX blocks between amp and cab. I did think of that.

I have no problem duplicating the patch - one with FRFR for recording and on with amp-cab for live. I only go direct to desk occasionally live so probably not a problem.

Re- the manual - its a little confusing as to which "amp" is hold be on for and which off. Not even sure hat its doing sonically, not can I tell MUCH difference if any at present but I havent wound the volumes up since I git the AFX3 and that may well make a difference.

Oh I actually thought you wanted them to run in parallel at the same time. One to an amp and one to front of house for example . If you wanted to switch between one of the other you can just use amp channels.
It sounds like you’ve got it worked out with separate presets however.

Back
Top Bottom