SRV Voodoo Chile (Slight Return) - SoloAWeek 37 (VIDEO/SC/PATCH)

Thanks!

I didn't keep a clock on learning it or anything, but I'd say it probably took around two to three hours until I was happy enough with it to film it. But I'm obsessive about slowing everything waaaay down in the Amazing Slow Downer and really focusing in on the nuances, which I did x10 on the clean section since it has so many little inflections. And I still didn't get all of them.

Funny... reminds me of a Tommy Emmanuel answer - when asked how long it took him to arrange a version of Jimi Hendrix' Purple Haze, he responded with something like "I listened to most of it, I'd heard it before, and then banged it and the two others (two different songs) out in about an hour.

That was take popular songs, create his own unique arrangements for them and record them. From listen to done in about an hour.

It's entertaining to watch your videos, but I'm not accomplished enough to pick up a solo like that in anywhere near your timeframe, so kudos to the skill and thanks for sharing. The videos are top notch and it looks like you're having fun doing it all as well!

Great job adding the little nuances to the solo and lesson, I got a couple of new things out of it ,.. thanks! Tyler's 'Sweet home' pre set with some minor tweaks has been my go to for this tone. He builds great pre sets! Adding the Eternal love pedal is the shiznit too, much better than the TS to me anyway.

Back
Top Bottom