Squishy vs. Clicky front panel buttons?

FractalAudio said:
The switches are rated for 10 million operations. It is unlikely that you would wear one out in your lifetime.

That's good to know. I was actually planning on using the editor more to "save" the life of the physical parts on my Ultra. But, if that's not necessary, then I'll carry on as I was. Thanks, Cliff.

This is hilarious! One of the first things I noticed on the axe was that the buttons felt funny 'cuz they're squishy, but it was a "Meh, moving along" kind of thing.

hideous said:
meh.. squishin, clickin, s'all good.
mine doesn't make any noise, so i guess they're the squishin variety. complete with two nuts on the fascia.
can't say i yearn for the clicks. :|

the vintage units (like mine) lack the screws on the face.

At first I thought I have a "combo" Ultra but lately I've hit the trifecta.
Mostly squishy, intermittently clicky, and occasionally sticky!

Mine is an old production too and has no face screws. These are very rare items that cost now as collector the same price than a brand new ultra. If someone is interested i can trade mine with a brand new ultra and terrible screws. ;)

So it looks better to me but i would like to trade the squishies buttons for clickies, been never sure when it's done and feel that i always push too strong. Another solution will be that Cliff displays in the corner of the screen something each time you push a button.(onclick event into windows RAD)
Unfortunatly i can't trade them because there are many Cliff fingerprints that make this a collectable gear. I have always used the editor of course. ;)

geetarman said:
Vintage squishy with no faceplate screws. :D

Same here. In Ultra attire.

If given a choice, I would prefer the tactile feedback of clicky buttons. I also have the "vintage" data wheel. You know, the one that has a mind of its own & jumps 5 numbers when you barely move it, and if you give it a good turn may move one or two or maybe even a combination of forward & back (thats a personal favorite of mine!).

Its got personality! I wouldnt change a thing.

I started squishy, had to send a unit back, and got the clicky.
Me likey clicky for confirmation of action.

Back
Top Bottom