Sporadic sysEx msg broadcast or capture???

bossredman

Inspired
Hi

I have a self built midi foot controller for my AxefX2 guitar processor.
It's Teensy 3.6 based & has both midi IN & OUT circuits.

One particular switch triggers the preset to increment by 1 via the following commands:

Code:
MIDI.sendControlChange(0,BANK,1);                   
MIDI.sendProgramChange( PRESET_NUM, 1 );           
MIDI.sendSysEx(8,EffectID_Sysex,true);
In turn my TFT display gets updated with PSet number, Bank Number, PSet name and all the Effect blocks in the Pset.

On the whole it works fine - but now and again I notice that the PSet name does not get up dated on the TFT - even though everything esle does.

I've noted the following whilst trouble shooting:
1- the CC cmd if sent on its own triggeres NO sysex msgs
2- the PC cmd if sent on its own triggeres the AFX to broadcast PSET NUMBER & PSET NAME
3- the EffectID_Sysex cmd if sent on its own triggeres the AFX to broadcast IA, Set SCENE & PARMAETR ID sysex msgs.

When all this happens - everything gets updated OK.
Occasionally when the name is not updated - it corrsponds with the PSET name msg not being sent.

That makes sense I guess - but what I don't get is what would prevent this msg being recieved.

I'm not specifically requesting this msg - it's getting automatcially broadcast after I send the Program Change cmd.
I even tried adding a request sysex for the PSET name - but again only works sporadically.

Any ideas why this would be.
Dont know enough about sysex msgs to know if its a timing issue or whether by there nature they are flakey anyway OR whether its just bad code on my behalf (saying that why work it work sometimes & not others).

've noted the following whilst trouble shooting:
1- the CC cmd if sent on its own triggeres NO sysex msgs
2- the PC cmd if sent on its own triggeres the AFX to broadcast PSET NUMBER & PSET NAME
3- the EffectID_Sysex cmd if sent on its own triggeres the AFX to broadcast IA, Set SCENE & PARMAETR ID sysex msgs.

Is anyone able to confirm that following a Program Change cmd, it is both expected and normal behaviour for teh AxeFX to then send a PSet Number & Pset Name sysex response?

Back
Top Bottom