Spillover within scenes of same preset

Dang that sounds confusing as hell but I'll give it a shot! Thanks for the help.
ah… it shouldn't do…
maybe I can try again with a little more clarity…

everything happens in the last column in the grid right next to the output..
top row: GEQ1
next row down: GEQ2
set the level in GEQ2 to give you the boost you need

both GEQ set to bypass = mute
in the previous column, split the dry signal so it goes to both GEQ blocks
scene1: GEQ1 active, GEQ2 muted
scene2: GEQ2 active, GEQ1 muted

now you can control the level [and eq if you wish] on a per scene basis

place your delay and reverb in parallel with the dry signal
in the delay and reverb set the mix to 100%, and use the level control to set how strong you want the effect to be..
set the bypass in both the delay and reverb to mute-in
if scene2 is your riffing scene and you want it dry, bypass the reverb and delay in this scene
cable the reverb and delay so that they do not pass through GEQ1 or GEQ2 so they go straight to the output

when in scene1, you have you're ambient tone with the dry tone passing through GEQ1 [not GEQ2 cos it's bypassed]
and the delay and reverb will go straight to the output
when you switch from scene1 to scene2, GEQ2 will give you the level boost you need, GEQ1 bypasses
also the delay and reverb bypass but will continue to decay naturally.. and as they do not pass through GEQ2, they will not pickup the increase in level..

this is so hard in words.. I could show you in minutes….
but I hope all this makes sense..

ah… it shouldn't do…
maybe I can try again with a little more clarity…

everything happens in the last column in the grid right next to the output..
top row: GEQ1
next row down: GEQ2
set the level in GEQ2 to give you the boost you need

both GEQ set to bypass = mute
in the previous column, split the dry signal so it goes to both GEQ blocks
scene1: GEQ1 active, GEQ2 muted
scene2: GEQ2 active, GEQ1 muted

now you can control the level [and eq if you wish] on a per scene basis

place your delay and reverb in parallel with the dry signal
in the delay and reverb set the mix to 100%, and use the level control to set how strong you want the effect to be..
set the bypass in both the delay and reverb to mute-in
if scene2 is your riffing scene and you want it dry, bypass the reverb and delay in this scene
cable the reverb and delay so that they do not pass through GEQ1 or GEQ2 so they go straight to the output

when in scene1, you have you're ambient tone with the dry tone passing through GEQ1 [not GEQ2 cos it's bypassed]
and the delay and reverb will go straight to the output
when you switch from scene1 to scene2, GEQ2 will give you the level boost you need, GEQ1 bypasses
also the delay and reverb bypass but will continue to decay naturally.. and as they do not pass through GEQ2, they will not pickup the increase in level..

this is so hard in words.. I could show you in minutes….
but I hope all this makes sense..
Wow man thanks a lot I will try this out because i think I'm starting to understand the routing.

Is this not as simple as making sure that whatever you're using to boost the level for the 'loud' scene happens before the delay, and that nothing changes after the delay?.

Is this not as simple as making sure that whatever you're using to boost the level for the 'loud' scene happens before the delay, and that nothing changes after the delay?.

not if the delay is in series, because you'll be boosting the everything, including the tails
also, not if you're boosting at the output..
but if the delay is in parallel, you're not boosting via the output, rather you're boosting the dry signal path only, then yes.

not if the delay is in series, because you'll be boosting the everything, including the tails
also, not if you're boosting at the output..
but if the delay is in parallel, you're not boosting via the output, rather you're boosting the dry signal path only, then yes.

I think level adjustment anywhere before delay is what the OP is looking for. It solves the issue of repeats (of what you already played) jumping up or down in volume when the level adjustment is toggled. He didn't mention wanting the apparent delay mix to change between the two sounds/scenes.

Hey guys, thanks for the insight! Today I had a look at my preset and it turns out that in scene 2, the scene that i got set louder, actually has the multidelay bypassed! I forgot I had it set that way in my original post. So I guess I should revise the question. If the delay is bypassed in scene 2 how do I kill the trails when I switch scenes.

You can set the delay's bypass mode to Mute FX Out to do that.

Would it be preferable to let the trails continue without the volume jump? That's what it seemed like in the initial post. That's still an option, using one of the methods mentioned earlier.

Back
Top Bottom