spillover to loud ?

belfast

Inspired
Hi guys i have a patch that bugs me
when im switching to the patch (JAG Kellys Crunch) from ex. JAG Kellys Crunch Lead the reverb spillover is loud

is the fault in the patch or somewhere else ??

Anyone ?

The reverb is routed differently (pre/post-cab, series/parallel) and that can be expected to cause this.

One possible solution is increasing preset 1's reverb mix and level, and reducing its input gain.

The idea is you'd adjust those parameters in a way that doesn't change the reverb/dry levels in preset one. The right amount of change (which you'd have to find through trial and error) will correct the spillover level issue without altering the sound of preset one.

Or you could adjust preset 2: same parameters, opposite direction from stated earlier.

The reason for this is... In the preset with the Amp block before the Reverb block, the Reverb block is receiving a (post-Amp) 'Line' level signal. When you switch to the preset with the Amp block after the Reverb block, The reverb trails are going to be carried over (at that post-Amp, 'Line' level) into the new Reverb block. Which will now (via 'spill-over) hit the Amp block that is set up to receive a much lower 'Instrument' level input.

There are some fairly tricky workarounds to cause a preset to load with alternate values for certain parameters at first, then gradually morph into the regular values.

Reactions: Rex
Reverb is after amp blocks in both presets, but after cab in only one. Cab block increasing level might be part of the problem. The main output slider is also higher in every scene of one preset: 16-20 dB vs. 11-12 dB.

The steps I mentioned are a possible quick fix, but changing the routing (keep reverb near end or after cab at least) and avoiding post-reverb gain differences (bring everything around 0 dB and adjust amp level) would probably be more ideal.

Reverb is after amp blocks in both presets, but after cab in only one. Cab block increasing level might be part of the problem. The main output slider is also higher in every scene of one preset: 16-20 dB vs. 11-12 dB.

The steps I mentioned are a possible quick fix, but changing the routing (keep reverb near end or after cab at least) and avoiding post-reverb gain differences (bring everything around 0 dB and adjust amp level) would probably be more ideal.
Aaaah,

I didn't look at the preset....:oops: (or read the OP all that well?) Thanks Bakerman

To the OP......That's why I (almost) never use the 'Output' block sliders for level control. It messes with the spill-over between scenes and/or preset changes.

A more uniformed approach of signal chain effect block order and levels would help here. Especially effects with 'trails'. Try to (somewhat) 'Normalize' the levels before they Delay and Reverb blocks.

Back
Top Bottom